Location: Al-Quds Bard College- Abu Dis
Type of Contract: Short-Term Employment (25 hours per week)
Duration: From the 15th of June to the 15th of September.
Al-Quds Bard College seeks an active young professional who will interact with individuals and institutions in Palestine in order to generate interest and enrollment in two Master’s programs at AQB: European Studies and American Studies.
Al-Quds Bard College for Arts and Sciences (AQB) is an innovative program introducing a liberal arts undergraduate education to the West Bank. AQB is the only liberal arts college in the Middle East that offers a cutting-edge liberal arts education in collaboration between local and international faculty members.
The Master in European Studies Program is a prestigious postgraduate program that is implemented in close cooperation with Heinrich-Heine University Düsseldorf (HHUD), Germany, and divided into two parts: The first/preparatory year (two semesters) takes place at AQB college / AQU. A second year (two semesters) in an international program at HHUD will be possible for those students who fulfil the respective entry requirements. They have the chance to graduate with an HHUD Master’s degree. Students in this program receive deep knowledge about the history of Europe, the EU institutions, law and challenges that face Europe today. It links theory to empirical cases while skills of writing and analysing literature are part and parcel of the learning process.
The Master in American Studies is also a distinguished postgraduate program at Al-Quds Bard College that introduces students to political, social, and economic developments in the United States. Students in this program receive strong training in English language, writing, and deep knowledge about American people and institutions.
Both programs prepare young professionals for leadership positions in organisations that interact with global individuals and institutions. In addition, both programs are excellent stepping stones to doctoral programs in the humanities and social sciences.
AQB, at Al-Quds University, is seeking a qualified and creative candidate to serve short-term employment as Recruitment Coordinator for the European and American Master Studies programs on AQU main campus in Abu Dis. She / He will implement the recruitment process in the West Bank to attract potential candidates for the two Master programs. The Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for co-planning, co-strategizing, and implementing promotional activities to market the two programs and provide dual reporting to the programs’ heads at AQB and AQB Assistant Vice President for Finance and Administration. A significant aspect of this position will involve in-person visits to local agencies, businesses, and organizations where potential students might be employed. As well as the Recruitment Coordinator is required to work closely with AQB Recruitment and Communication Officer to ensure that the implemented activities are in line with the College's overall communication plan and mission.
- Identifying the targeted audience and collecting data about it.
- Co-designing and implementing a marketing strategy for the European and American Studies programs for the fall semester of 2023.
- Field visits to local organisations in order to conduct in-person recruitment and awareness efforts.
- Coordinating, designing and creating promotional materials in consultation with the AQB Recruitment team.
- Co-implementing a wide media campaign to spread the word about two programs in the targeted areas.
- Keep records of outcomes and follow up with potential beneficiaries.
- Answers calls and questions associated with the admission process.
- Keep an eye on applications, contact applicants regarding dates and times of interviews, keep a record of results and inform applicants of the status of their applications and any follow-up needed.
- Ensuring the visibility of the two programs on AQB social media and website.
- Help other administrative units if and when needed.
- Be an ambassador for AQB programs and pedagogy.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's or a Master's degree in the field of European Studies, American Studies, marketing, communications, humanities, social sciences, or related fields.
- Minimum two years of experience working in public relations, marketing, academia, or media and communication fields.
- Professional fluency in English and Arabic
- Good familiarity with using Google Suite tools, Excel sheets, and Word.
- Preferred skills: familiarity with photography, and graphic design software or programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or Canvas.
Note: the recruitment coordinator will be expected to conduct numerous in-person visits to individuals and organisations in Palestine, especially in the Ramallah and Bethlehem areas.
Deadline for Application:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]. Kindly make sure to type “Recruitment Coordinator for European and American Studies Master Programs– Short-term Employment” in the subject line.