Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
Recovery Head of Project
For a period of 18 months pending funding approval
The Recovery Head of Project will be the grant holder of one economic recovery project of Action Against Hunger in the Gaza Strip. She/He will ensure the timely implementation, monitoring and closing of Action Against Hunger’s component of the project. He/She will manage a field team to achieve the agreed upon objectives and activities in a qualitative and accountable manner. He/She will ensure that all the necessary project documentation are in place and accessible for effective and efficient planning as well as for compliance purposes. As a member of the FSL Department, the Head of Project will support the PM in identifying new opportunities and build relations with peer agencies in the Gaza Strip.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the timely implementation of the planned activities as identified in the proposal and the project work plan.
- Prepare all the project documentation (workplan, SOPs, budget forecasting and participate to the preparation of the MEAL plan).
- Participate to the consortium technical & operational meetings with the other consortium members and any necessary bilateral discussions for more coordinated, integrated and harmonized activities.
- Responsible to propose solutions and anticipate risks to ensure timely implementation while adapting to the changing context and possible obstacles in the implementation.
- Prepare the ToRs for the planed studies, work with the FSL PM to accompany the selected consultant and review the products developed.
- Responsible to ensure that adequate data management in his/her team and in collaboration with the MEAL department mainly for beneficiary data
- Ensure adequate monitoring and evaluation process is put in place for project’s activities in collaboration with the MEAL department according to objectives and indicators.
- Ensure project learnings are capitalized and systematized through learning tools and feed in the strategy of the department.
- Ensure and follow up project archiving and documentation in coordination with the related technical staff according to AAH archiving process and the donor requirements.
- Participate to external meetings and coordinate with external actors (e.g. to cross check beneficiary lists) as necessary for the project and in collaboration with the FSL PM.
- Ensure integration of gender and protection dimensions within daily work and project implementation
- Contribute to communication and advocacy materials as required by the advocacy & communication department.
- Participate to FSL strategy development activities and any other tasks as instructed by the Program Manager
- Ensure good communication with team members and coach team staff for positive growth and development.
- Support the professional development of the team, ensuring that each of his/her team member follows tasks.
- Identify training needs of team staff and coordinate with HR department to undertake the relevant training and monitor progress.
- Participate in the recruitment process for positions related to the project that are directly managed by the Head of Project.
- Evaluate project’s team members twice a year, and upon completion of a staff members probation period and ensure sufficient induction and integration into the team.
- Development of a defined work plan for each project team member, to be provided on a monthly basis to Food Security and Livelihoods Program Manager.
- Validate each Project team members’ leave plan request, considering the project time plan and Action Against Hunger internal regulations
- Conduct a project orientation for new staff to understand the nature of the projects.
- Prepare intermediate and final report for the project as per donor’s requirements.
- Produce internal report on implementation and progress as required
- Technical review of baseline/endline reports, studies, and assessment reports.
- Any other tasks as instructed by the Programme Manager
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, engineering, economics, project management, social sciences, or international relations.
- Master’s Degree in Project Management, or a related field is a plus.
- Strong Knowledge of Project Cycle Management.
- Knowledge in Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA).
- Reporting & Writing Skills.
- Knowledge EU rules and regulation is an advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in humanitarian or development programming
- Previous experience in implementing Economic Development or Food Security and Livelihoods projects
- Previous experience in designing and implementing activities related to farmers’ support and/or employability programs and/or micro-business and/or agriculture infrastructure and/or value chain analysis.
- Previous experience in managing a team & budget management.
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles, standards and humanitarian sector (Cluster, actors etc.).
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Arabic and English.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email/internet software.
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
from 86,628 ILS to 105,540 ILS gross/ year divided in 12 payments and based on experience. In addition, Action Against Hunger covers food and transportation allowances for a fully worked month.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click on Apply Now -تقدم الان لهذه الوظيفة to access to the service
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 02/10/2021.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.