MA’AN Development Center is an independent Palestinian non-profit organization, established in Jerusalem in January 1989. Relying on a human rights-based approach, community partnerships, and active participation, MA’AN work to enhance the resilience, empowerment, and realization of the rights of those most in need, the poor and marginalized groups and individuals, as well as unleash their latent capacities to enhance their active participation in sustainable development and their abilities to respond to and recover from crises.
MA'AN is currently seeking to recruit a competent and qualified full-time Receptionist/ secretary based in the Gaza Strip as the flowing
- Position: Receptionist /Secretary
- Location: Gaza Strip
- Duration: 1 year (renewable)
- Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
- Report to: HR Manager
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Miscellaneous reception duties such as greeting visitors to the office and logging requests for information
- Keeps a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Answering incoming telephone calls and providing information to callers, taking messages, or transferring calls to appropriate individuals.
- Receive the mail (letters or faxes) and dispatch it appropriately, and keep a tracking system of all incoming and outgoing official letters by email, or by hand-delivered to local partners, as well as tracking and recording incoming and outgoing letters.
- Assisting with a variety of administrative tasks including copying, scanning, taking notes, ..ect
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the HR unit.
- Assists the HR unit in coordination with various official entities.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up-to-date in order to facilitate HR processes management.
- Maintain records of working days, holidays, vacations and sick leaves for staff, update the Request for Leave balances on a monthly basis, and review employees’ monthly timesheets.
- Performs basic filing and recordkeeping.
- Support the HR unit in following up with employees i.e., annual employees’ questionnaires, online HR system queries, and annual performance reviews in cooperation with head of programs/projects.
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies).
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with all projects teams, heads of departments, colleagues, Members, and external partners
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Diploma (2 years) in Secretarial Management / Business Administration /Information technology
or a related area.
- At least 4 years of professional experience within a well-established NGO
- Experience working within the NGO sector
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and multi-task.
- Very Good command of English, Arabic both written and orally.
- Very Good command of computer skills (MS & google suite).
- Punctual with strong attendance history
- Integrity and strong identification with MAAN Core Values
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application as per the following
- Download the employment application from the following link: MAAN Employment Application
- Fill in the employment application and save the document with the name of the applicant and the position.
- Fill in the required information at the following link: https://forms.gle/MXct69MazEEEM7u7A
- Attach the employment application within the previous link.
- Applications will not be considered if the employment application is not attached in the previous link.
- Applications will only be accepted until Monday 22 August 2022.