Job Title: Receptionist/Dispatcher Clerk
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Duty Station: Gaza
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration of Contract: 12 months
Closing Date: 8 June 2021 (midnight New York, USA time)
Under the direct supervision of the General Services Associate, the Receptionist/Dispatcher Clerk provides reception, information, and the telephone switchboard operator service as well as the transport services ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Receptionist/Dispatcher promotes a client, quality, and results-oriented approach. The Receptionist/Dispatcher Clerk also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact, and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.UNDP/PAPP is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Receptionist/Dispatcher Clerk, under the guidance of the Head of Gaza office and the direct supervision of General Services Associate in the Gaza Office.
The Receptionist/Dispatcher Clerk works in close collaboration with the Management Support and Business Development, Programme and Operations Teams staff as well as other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Summary of key functions:
The Receptionist/Dispatcher Clerk will oversee the undertaking the following functions:5. Performs any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
1. Ensures the provision of front-desk service.
2. Updates the UNDP staff information.
3. Provides transportation and administrative support services.
4. Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
5. Performs any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
1. Ensures the provision of front-desk service and telephone communication services focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Operates the centralized telephone system, answers incoming calls, and directs such calls to appropriate staff.
• Assists staff with making overseas and domestic long-distance calls.
• Responsible for updating the personal telephone list and staff emergency list.
• Maintains neat and tidy appearance of reception and waiting areas.
• Provides other clerical tasks and back up word processing support as assigned by the supervisor.
• Provides general information on office guidelines and services.
• Greets visitors and directs them to appropriate staff.
• Answers questions of the visitors and provide information as required.
2. Ensures the most updated UN staff and other contact information, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Collects and updates UN staff information monthly, ensures all data and information is correct and accurate.
• Updates the UN compound telephone list and UN Directory, Addresses of the Government, International Organizations, Embassies, and NGOs and other important contacts.
3. Support by providing Administrative and transportation support focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Supports the General Services Associate in arranging vehicle transportation for UN/UNDP staff as requested.
• Checks and records vehicle daily log and gas consumption.
• Updates and maintains vehicle history report.
• Assists in the preparation of cost-recovery bills for the transportation services provided by UNDP to other agencies.
• Provides administrative support as requested by the supervisor, such as preparation of routine correspondence and collection of information.
• Follows up and maintains up to date staff driving licenses and ensures the validity of UNDP and local driving licenses.
4. Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Participates in training for the operations/projects staff on administration issues.
• Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice/teamwork’s.
Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow
People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness skills: Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to front desk serviceLeadership and Self-Management: Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
High School diploma, BA Degree in in Business Administration, or related fields would be an asset
Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.Language Requirements: Proficiency in both Arabic and English languages.
المسمى الوظيفي Receptionist/Dispatcher Clerk
آخر موعد للتقديم 08 - Jun - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة العقود والاستشارات
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية الثانوية العامة
الخبرة 3 Years
التصنيف مجالات متنوعة
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP/PAPP
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
Public Finance Specialist
Results Based Management Coordinator
القدس, رام الله والبيرة, العمل...
UNDSS Field Security Associate
Community Outreach Coordinator
رام الله والبيرة