The ICRC is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. It takes action in response to emergencies and at the same time promotes respect for international humanitarian law and its implementation in national law.
ICRC is looking for a motivated and committed candidate who will bring creative and different ideas, dedication and energy to join our team in Ramallah Office.
Position: Receptionist - Restoring Family Links and Missing (RFL)
Contract duration: 12 months (including 3 months' probationary period)
Occupation rate: 90%
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Accompanying the family visit program (early morning)
- Monitors arrival/departures of internal buses for Family visit program from/to the checkpoints in the morning and checks visitors’ documents.
- Accompany the buses to check points in order to controls and facilitates visitors' movements at checkpoints and Terminal.
- Reports, without delays, any problems to the supervisor.
- Receives visitors and ensures that visits are appropriately followed up.
- Answers and redirects incoming calls and registers beneficiaries through the phone for the FVP
- Confirms presence of visitors in Family visit program application
- Informs the visitors in case a visit is cancelled
- Checks and distributes permits to applicants for family visits
- Assists the line manager in carrying out RFL (Restoring Family Links and Missing)
- Performs internal and external follow-up of individual cases under the supervision of the line manager.
- Translates or interprets upon request.
- Carries out administrative tasks relating to the follow-up of RFL field assignments.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Post requirements and assets:
- Diploma degree /Certification in reception work or equivalent.
- Good geographical knowledge of Ramallah district.
- Good computer skills
- Proficiency in English and excellent of the national language. Hebrew is an asset
- 2 – 3 year experience in similar position
- Valid driving license for manual
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit in English a CV, a motivation letter, copy of educational and work certificates, by 04 July 2023 latest, to jer[email protected], indicating in the subject line: Receptionist_Application_Your name. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information about the ICRC and its activities in Israel & Occupied Territories please visit our following sites: https://www.icrc.org/en/where-we-work/middle-east/israel-and-occupied-territories https://blogs.icrc.org/ilot/