Job Title: Project Officer 100%
Responsible to: Director of Programs & Operations
Responsible for: 2 Field Coordinators
Duration: 28 months
Location: QADER’s Office – Beit Jala, with frequent field trips to the project locations in Hebron Governorate
QADER for Community Development is a non-profit organization based in Bethlehem and operating in Palestine since 2008. QADER focuses on the empowerment and inclusion of persons with disabilities through influencing public policies, developing capacities of relevant stakeholders, promoting public awareness and inclusive community practices, and enhancing economic inclusion of PwD.
QADER is implementing a project entitled “Strengthening local capacities in Community Based Inclusive Development in Hebron Governorate” funded by the Christian Blind Mission (CBM). The project aims to contribute to enhanced social, economic, and political participation and inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in local development processes in the southern West Bank, through achieving the following key results: 1) Inclusive youth accountability teams (IYAT) advocate for enhancing the role and commitment of duty bearers towards the rights and needs of Persons with Disabilities, 2) Improved evidence-based processes of inclusive local development planning in the project locations to address needs and priorities of Persons with Disabilities, and 3) Strengthened capacities and role of CBOs and OPDs to enhance participation and inclusion of persons with disabilities in local communities.
The project will be implemented in Al-Shyoukh, Beit Ummar, Beit Ula, Samou’ and Dahreyeh in Hebron Governorate with a duration of 28 months.
The Project Officer (PO) will be responsible for leading the implementation of the project and the achievement of key results while adhering to program quality and ensuring learning and continuous improvement of implementation. The PO shall provide guidance and oversight to the project team to ensure high performance and commitment to achieving results.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the preparation of the project detailed implementation plan (DIP).
- Oversee the day-to-day implementation of project activities according to the DIP.
- Prepare a communication and stakeholders’ engagement plan for the project and provide the needed support to the staff on its implementation.
- Liaise with project key stakeholders and ensure their full support and cooperation to the project and the planned activities.
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of deliverables.
- Lead the development of awareness raising content and materials in collaboration with QADER technical staff.
- Lead the preparation of success stories, case studies, press releases, and other documents, as needed.
- Prepare narrative and progress reports to QADER management and CBM, as requested.
- Ensure that all activities and operations of the project are conducted according to QADER internal policies and procedures, and compliant with the requirements and regulations of CBM.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATION & CORE COMPETENCIES
- Minimum BA in social sciences, Business Administration, Project Management, or another related field, Masters degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in field related to human rights, disability inclusion, advocacy, community development, local development planning.
- Demonstrated experience in project management skills and competencies.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with good command of spoken and written English language.
- Proficiency in using MS Windows, MS Office packages (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to lead a team
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines
Interested candidates may apply and submit their CVs/Resumes in addition to a Cover Letter (not less than 200 words, clarifying how your qualifications and personal specifications meet the job requirements) in PDF form via QADER's online application form HERE. Deadline for applying for this post is Thursday 16/09/2021.
“QADER is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with disabilities, women, and other underrepresented or minority populations are encouraged to apply and to seek QADER’s support on the application process where additional accommodation is required”
Should you need any support on the application process, please communicate with us via phone: 02-2749767