Job Title: Results Based Management (RBM) Associate
Type of Contract: National Personnel Service Agreement
Duty Station: Ramallah
Duration of Contract: 12 months with the possibility to extend based on fund availability and performance.
Closing Date: Apply before 11:59 am on 18 October 2022
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 170 countries and territories, working with governments and people on their own solutions to global and national development challenges to help empower lives and build resilient nations. UNDP Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (PAPP) derives its mandate from United Nations General Assembly Resolution 33/147 of 20 December 1978 to improve the economic and social conditions of the Palestinian people by identifying their social and economic needs and by establishing concrete projects to that end.
UNDP/PAPP places empowerment, resilience and sustainability at the center of its operation and focuses on three priority areas: the Gaza Strip, East Jerusalem and Area C of the West Bank, where the needs are the greatest. UNDP/PAPP is active in four thematic areas: democratic governance and the rule of law; economic empowerment and private sector development; environment and management of natural resources; and public and social infrastructure.
UNDP/ PAPP operates in an extremely volatile environment, which requires flexibility when designing/ applying strategic programmatic frameworks to measure achievements of results. Results Based Management (RBM) is a broad management strategy adopted by UNDP and aimed at achieving improved performance and demonstrable results, which includes good planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning and feeding back into planning. A strong and streamlined RBM system, that moves beyond ensuring compliance with corporate requirements, and uses RBM to inform strategic direction and priorities, as well as programme/ project design and implementation is key to strengthen the organizations overall impact on the development of the State of Palestine.
An RBM Team is being established with the following objectives:
Ensure adherence to corporate requirements with quality input and in a timely manner;
Ensure timely and quality monitoring and evaluation of projects in compliance with UNDP standards and donors requirements in order to improve programming and achieve results;
Use monitoring and evaluation for organizational learning, to inform management decisions, adjust ongoing programmes and orient future directions; and
Use quantitative and qualitative evidence generated through monitoring and evaluation to prepare quality reports, communicate achievements, position UNDP and mobilize resources.
The RBM Team supports project and programme staff to ensure they apply a common approach, standardized tools, and effective means to plan, monitor and evaluate their projects. Moreover, the RBM Team works closely with other units at UNDP/ PAPP, such as the Communication Unit and the Business Support Services Centre (BSSC) to ensure the successful achievement of the above-mentioned objectives. The RBM Team, through the RBM Specialist, also acts as the focal point for the RBAS RBM Team and is responsible for coordinating the response to requests/ tasks coming from HQ/ RBAS, Deputy Special Representative, etc.
UNDP/PAPP is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Result-Based Management Associate under the guidance of the Deputy Special Representative and direct supervision of (technical) to the RBM Specialist with secondary reporting (Administrative) to the Assistant Special Representative. The expected duration of the contract is 12 months and the National Personnel Service Agreement extension will be conditioned on the satisfactory performance evaluation as well as availability of funding under the projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Support project design/ planning, M&E, and results reporting:
- Support Project Managers and Programme Analysts with all key M&E activites throughout the project cycle in coordination with the RBM Specialist, including development of RRF, ToCs and M&E plans, review progress against milestones/ targets, design of survey or feedback forms and assist in field visits as well as support in identification of lessons learnt and good practices;
- Review project reports to ensure they are results-oriented and evidence-based in collaboration with the RBM Specialist;
- For a shorter or longer period of time the RBM Coordinator can be designated by Management to support one or several projects full time.
Support planning, implementation and quality assurance of project evaluations and the use of findings:
- Support the RBM Specialist in drafting ToRs, evaluate bidders, support evaluation team with required inputs, review evaluations reports as well as in the use of findings and inputs for communication materials;
- Take the lead on reviewing management response and key action and follow-up with project/ programme teams to ensure key actions are addressed in a timely manner.
- Support quality assurance and compliance with corporate requirements:
- Be focal point for the quarterly update on COVID-19 indicators and overview of the process of Quality Assurance of projects;
- Support the RBM Coordinator in Gaza in ensuring continuous update of IATI with all relevant and required information from project/ programme teams in the WB/ EJ as well as with the project (output) level SP linking and inputs for IWP, ROAR, etc. in coordination with the RBM Specialist;
- In coordination with BSSC colleagues, support the project teams in preparing for audit and evaluation missions in coordination with the RBM Specialist as needed.
Support internal RBM learning:
- Support in the identification of trainings needs among UNDP staff within RBM in coordination with the RBM Specialist;
- Support the design and execution of internal RBM trainings to UNDP staff in Gaza, West Bank and East Jerusalem respectively;
- Support in the collection of feedback from colleagues to be used for further improvement of trainings and the identification of new possible training topics.
Support any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Achieve Results: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Skills and Experience:
Minimum of High School diploma or BA in Science in Monitoring and Evaluation, Development Studies, Social/ Political Sciences, Economics or a related field.
Minimum of 7 years with High School Diploma or 4 years with BA Degree of relevant experience specifically focused on RBM and M&E required.
Solid experience in developing results frameworks and Theory of Change, and M&E plans for development projects.
Demonstrated experience working with monitoring and evaluation of development projects/ programme, including lessons learned.
Experience in reviewing and drafting project reports or supporting evaluations.
Good knowledge of the Results-Based Management
Desired Skills :
Relevant MA in Development Studies, Political/ Social Science, Economic Development or a related field is an asset.
Experience working with international or non-profit organizations is desirable.
Knowledge of the UN system and familiarity with UNDP procedures is a strong asset.
Professional certificates on M&E or RBM is an asset.
المسمى الوظيفي Results Based Management (RBM) Associate
آخر موعد للتقديم 18 - Oct - 2022
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 4 Years
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP/PAPP
UN-Habitat Operations Analyst
رام الله والبيرة
Data Entry and Administrative Support
رام الله والبيرة
15, Dec, 2022
رام الله والبيرة
24, Nov, 2022
رام الله والبيرة
13, Nov, 2022
رام الله والبيرة
8, Nov, 2022