Radiology Technologist - Jerusalem– National position
Position type and closing date
Full time position, National Position.
Location: Based in Jerusalem
Reports to: Head of Radiology Department/Chief Radio Technologist & Radiation Safety Officer
Closing date for applications: 6th of November 2022
Applicants are required to uphold the core values of our organization.
The Augusta Victoria Hospital (AVH) is a medical center of excellence that has been providing healthcare services and other health programs for about 70 years to Palestinians, including refugees from throughout the West Bank and Gaza. AVH, a program by the Lutheran World Federation, serves patients regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, or political conviction, without discrimination or favoritism; It is a modern tertiary care facility that serves the most disadvantaged patients from Gaza and the West Bank and has a special historic relationship with the United Nations Relief Works Agency (UNRWA) for Palestine Refugees
For additional information, please see www.lutheranworld.org/World Service.
Terms of Reference
Main outcome of the role:
Radiology Technologist operates x-ray and other medical imaging equipment to produce images for medical diagnostic purposes in conjunction with diagnostic and interventional radiologists or another medical practitioner.
- Ensure that equipment is regularly checked for malfunctions and any errors are reported.
- Record imaging identification and patient documentation accurately.
- Explain procedures to patients and address any concerns they have about the radiation process.
- Choose the right imaging techniques, which provide the best information for physicians.
- Assist in more complex radiological examinations working with radiologists and other doctors and surgeons.
- Inject contrast media under the direction of radiologist.
- Perform specialized procedures (fluoroscopy or intervention) under supervision.
- Perform mobile and surgical procedures to assist with patient diagnosis.
- Respond to requests of the medical practitioner for x-ray.
- Clean and maintenance of the radiology medical equipment.
- Assist with quality control improvement.
- Assist in clinical education of radiographer students or other health care professionals.
The Job description is subjected to renewal according to the work’s need and it will be used as the base for the employee annual evaluation.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Qualifications, Skills and experience
- Bachelors of Science in Radiology Technology.
- Valid Medical Technology License.
- At least with 2- 5 years of demonstrated experience in Radiology Technology.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English and in Arabic.
- Ability to build credibility and trust with departments and staff and work effectively with them.
- Effective communication skills. The ability to effectively communicate with patients, caregivers, and fellow medical professionals.
- Teamwork-oriented and demonstrated flexibility.
- Ability to work independently under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and demonstrate flexibility and creativity in planning and problem-solving.
Respect and promote ethical values and human rights. In addition, maintaining professional relationships and acting as guides.
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is a global communion of 148 churches in the Lutheran tradition, representing 75.5 million Christians in 99 countries. LWF World Service works in 25 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean. LWF Jerusalem program has served the Palestinians in Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza through humanitarian, health and educational programs since 1948. LWF manages the Augusta Victoria Hospital, two vocational training centers in Ramallah and in East Jerusalem and its central office is on the Mount of Olives.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below