Re-advertisement -Radiologist, Gaza Strip– national position
Position type and closing date
Full time position, National Position.
Location: Based in Ahli Arab Hospital - Gaza
Supervising: No supervision responsibilities
Closing date for applications:14th of September 2022
Applicants are required to uphold the core values of our organization.
The Augusta Victoria Hospital as part of the LWF World Service Jerusalem program will implement a 5-year project in the area of “Developing Cancer care capacity in the Gaza Strip” funded by Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe in cooperation with the Al Ahli Arab Hospital by pooling technical, scientific, physical infrastructure and human resources with the ultimate goal of building the capacity for the provision of oncology care and services to the whole population in Gaza.
The Augusta Victoria Hospital (AVH) is a medical center of excellence that has been providing healthcare services and other health programs for about 70 years to Palestinians, including refugees from throughout the West Bank and Gaza. AVH, a program by the Lutheran World Federation, serves patients regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, or political conviction, without discrimination or favoritism; It is a modern tertiary care facility that serves the most disadvantaged patients from Gaza and the West Bank and has a special historic relationship with the United Nations Relief Works Agency (UNRWA) for Palestine Refugees
For additional information, please see www.lutheranworld.org/World Service.
Terms of Reference
Main outcome of the role:
Radiologist is a medical doctor who specializes in medical imaging and helps diagnose, monitor, and treat various conditions or injuries using medical imaging techniques such as x-rays, computed tomography (CT) and ultrasound.
- Adhere to safety and infection control policies followed at Augusta Victoria Hospital and Alhi Arab Hospital.
- Evaluate patients’ medical histories to ensure the various medical imaging procedures will not harm them.
- Suggest alternative medical imaging techniques, when necessary.
- Inform patients about the medical imaging process.
- Able to use medical imaging technologies, such as x-rays, CT scans, ultrasounds, and MRIs and successfully execute and interment the medical images in order to aid the diagnostic and treatment process.
- Perform and direct radiology staff to carry out image-guided, diagnostic procedures.
- Work with radiology lab technicians to perfect image quality.
- Interpret the results from diagnostic imaging procedures to determine diagnoses.
- Communicate and discuss results and diagnoses with physicians.
- Compile written reports of results and diagnoses.
- Follow medical protocols for resuscitation, bleeding, infection, or other emergency situations, when necessary.
The Job description is subjected to renewal according to the work’s need and it will be used as the base for the employee annual evaluation.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Qualifications, Skills and experience
- A medical degree from an accredited medical school by the MOH.
- Registered Doctor with Palestinian Medical Association.
- Currently pursuing Palestinian Board Certificate in Radiology or interested in obtaining Board in Radiology or already have a Palestinian or Arab Board in Radiology.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English and in Arabic.
- Ability to build credibility and trust with departments and staff and work effectively with them.
- Effective communication skills. The ability to effectively communicate with patients, caregivers, and fellow medical professionals.
- A caring and compassionate nature when dealing with patients.
- Teamwork-oriented and demonstrated flexibility.
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and demonstrate flexibility and creativity in planning and problem-solving.
- Respect and promote ethical values and human rights. In addition, maintaining professional relationships and acting as guides.
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is a global communion of 148 churches in the Lutheran tradition, representing 75.5 million Christians in 99 countries. LWF World Service works in 25 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean. LWF Jerusalem program has served the Palestinians in Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza through humanitarian, health and educational programs since 1948. LWF manages the Augusta Victoria Hospital, two vocational training centers in Ramallah and in East Jerusalem and its central office is on the Mount of Olives.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below