Radiation Therapist - Jerusalem– National position
Position type and closing date
Full time position, National Position.
Location: Based in Jerusalem
Reports to: Head of Chief Radiation Therapist
Closing date for applications: 16 November 2022
Applicants are required to uphold the core values of our organization.
The Augusta Victoria Hospital (AVH) is a medical center of excellence that has been providing healthcare services and other health programs for about 70 years to Palestinians, including refugees from throughout the West Bank and Gaza. AVH, a program by the Lutheran World Federation, serves patients regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, or political conviction, without discrimination or favoritism; It is a modern tertiary care facility that serves the most disadvantaged patients from Gaza and the West Bank and has a special historic relationship with the United Nations Relief Works Agency (UNRWA) for Palestine Refugees
For additional information, please see www.lutheranworld.org/World Service.
Terms of Reference
Main outcome of the role:
The Radiation Therapist administers radiation therapy treatment to the patients by using the linear accelerator, following the pre-planned treatment plan, including the portal imaging and all the treatment techniques and immobilization tools. In addition to the performance of the CT Simulation. The Radiation Therapist also shares in the quality assurance program and patient safety.
- Performing CT simulation using all fixation tools and masks according to internal protocols.
- Introducing contrast media when needed using the Injector under the full cover of treatment room doctors.
- Performing treatment of patients using all treatment fixation tools and masks.
- Performing blood products irradiation.
- Performing verification imaging for the set up and treatment fields including KV/KV, MV/MV, and CBCT according to the internal protocols.
- Using the Linear accelerators properly to deliver safe radiation treatment to the patients.
- Explain the radiation therapy process to the patients.
- Performing the correct patient correct site prior radiation administration.
- Preparation of lead alloy blocks and cut-outs.
- Scheduling patient treatment using the verification and record system.
- Entering the treatment fields to the Billing system.
- Check the treatment chart (prior the first treatment and during the treatment course)
- Documenting in the patient chart
- Documenting the LINACs error in the Log Book
- Link the patient with the radiation nurse when needed.
- Attending the regular departmental meetings
- Participating in the continuing education activities.
- Maintaining the quality policies of the hospital.
- Refer to medical physicist in any inquiry regarding treatment plan and machines performance.
- Turning on, turning off and performing the morning worm up of the linear accelerators.
- Maintaining the cleanness of the work place.
- Maintaining patient integrity and safety.
- The Job description is subjected for renewal according to the work’s need and it will be used as the base for the employee annual evaluation.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Qualifications, Skills and experience
- Bachelors of Medical Imaging.
- Valid License for Medical Imaging.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English and in Arabic.
- Effective communication skills. The ability to effectively communicate with patients, caregivers, and fellow medical professionals.
- Teamwork-oriented and demonstrated flexibility.
- Ability to work independently under pressure,
- Respect and promote ethical values and human rights. In addition, maintaining professional relationships and acting as guides.
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is a global communion of 148 churches in the Lutheran tradition, representing 75.5 million Christians in 99 countries. LWF World Service works in 25 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean. LWF Jerusalem program has served the Palestinians in Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza through humanitarian, health and educational programs since 1948. LWF manages the Augusta Victoria Hospital, two vocational training centers in Ramallah and in East Jerusalem and its central office is on the Mount of Olives.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below