Quality Control Engineer
Title: Quality Control Engineer
Reports to: Construction Supervision Engineer
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Sustainable Engineering Solutions (SES), a multi-disciplinary consulting company is seeking to hire a highly qualified candidate for the position of Quality Control Engineer in Gaza with the following minimum qualification and requirements:
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Create, update and maintain all project specific quality control reports.
- Review shop drawings and submittals for conformance with project specifications by direct review and by leveraging the knowledge and experience of others in the project team when necessary.
- Perform inspection and test of the scope and character necessary to achieve the quality of construction required in the drawings and specifications for all works under the contract performed ON or OFF site.
- Cary out inspection and checking for all quality related procedures in the site and ensures activity at the site are as per approved method statement and inspection test plan.
- Coordinate with team for inspection and meeting about quality problems including the closure of Non-Compliance Report.
- Chair and document weekly QC meetings with the superintendent and provide written minutes as described in project specific contract documents.
- Provide written daily QC reports that reinforce activities that are being constructed in conformance with each specific project's established standard and constructively confronts non-conformances to produce the desired outcome in a timely manner.
- Conduct preparatory, initial and follow up meetings to establish an understanding of the standards of care desired for each definable feature of work. Verify that checklists are being used and signed off prior to the placement of concrete, steel, pipes, and similar items of work.
- Verify and document that all materials received for the project are in conformance with the approved submittal.
- Conduct periodic follow up inspections to verify that work is proceeding with the contract documents and the approved submittals. (Desired results come from what is inspected, not what is expected.)
- Coordinate and document the testing and commissioning
- Maintain the project "as-built" drawings on a daily basis
- Assemble and forward project closeout documents that include O&M manuals, as-builts and warranties.
QUALIFICATIONS: (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)
Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Civil/Mechanical Engineering from accredited university is required.
-Minimum 7 year experience in Quality Control/Assurance of water related projects with strong skills to implement and manage quality control programs.
-Very Good command of English language is needed.
-Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
LANGUAGES: Fluent in Arabic, excellent English speaking and writing skills.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply no later than Friday, December 1, 2017 by submitting their CV, Cover Letter and a list of three professional references to
Please clearly indicate in the subject line “Quality Control Engineer”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are included in the email, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted. SES is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operation. We strive to reflect these goals in our mission and in our workplace. SES is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our company.