An-Najah National University Hospital (NNUH) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the following position:
Quality Assurance Coordinator
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The coordinator acts as liaison with quality assurance department to monitor and improve quality processes/workflow and efficient management of the technical procedures including patient test management and analytical testing in the lab environment.
Responsible for monitoring quality of operation, quality of pre-analytical-post analytical phases including: Reagent quality, methods performance, quality control values to ensure quality of test results and correctness of reporting timely sample processing/testing/reporting of results, turn-around-time monitoring, client satisfaction related to testing results, attending to client’s concerns and employee’s concerns and questions related to test results.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works as liaison among all departments and team members.
- Manages Quality Management System (QMS) which includes quality audits, quality metrics and monitoring of incident reports corrective action.
- Reports to executive team the levels of quality achieved and identify those areas requiring improvement.
- Confirms the lab staff is correctly reporting the quality control for all laboratory instrumentation and for manual tests.
- Verifies that the Daily, weekly, monthly and as needed Maintenance procedures are performed and logged.
- Confirms the temperature and centrifuge logs are current and accurate.
- Confirms the Instrument calibration is being performed when required.
- Confirms the staff is current with new QC or reagent lot installation.
- Trains and verifies the laboratory staff are compliant in all aspects of laboratory Quality Control and Quality Management.
- Ensures continuous improvement of quality and processes.
- Monitors or audits Customer Complaints.
- Be readily available for Mock inspections.
- Organizes training when deemed necessary.
- Organizes QA/QC Meetings.
- Reviews and assesses laboratory activities; reports any procedural or practice non-compliances to the laboratory supervisor, or Laboratory Director.
- Develops and deliver training programs that teach the appropriate use of quality tools at work.
- Manages proficiency testing program.
- Ensures that all testing on all shifts is completed and ensures that acceptable levels of analytic performance is maintained.
- Ensures that all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Ensures that patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is functioning properly.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are established, reviewed and signed off by the lab director, and all lab personnel have read and understood the content if applicable.
- Plans, coordinates and conducts audits in the areas assigned, analyzes collected data, reports trends and outcomes and proposes solutions from audit findings. Provides input to identify quality and process improvement opportunities.
- Oversees quality of inventory.
- Ensures that the records are organized, neat and readily retrievable.
- Ensures that all specimens are organized and readily retrievable.
- Ensures that the lab is organized, neat and clean.
- Provides back up to any technical position as needed.
- Troubleshoots problems (client, instrument, computer) as needed.
- Ensures compliance with ISO 15189, CAP, and JCI regulations.
- Performs other duties as may be required/assigned.
Minimum Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Laboratory Sciences (preferred master degree )
- Registration with Palestine Medical Technology Association.
- Authorization of practice from the Palestine Ministry of Health
- At least two years of lab quality management.
- Practical knowledge of laboratory instruments and techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates critical analysis and complex problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates ability to manage quality and processes highly confidential and proprietary information.
- Proficient in computer skills that include spreadsheets and word processing software, and Microsoft Office required.
- Knowledge of accreditation regulations.
- Knowledge of CLIA and local laws regarding laboratory operations.
- Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations.
- Detail orientated – quality and precision focused
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and solve assays or environmental problems
Interested and Qualified candidates are kindly requested to fill the application No later than 04 November, 2021