The Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD) is a women’s mass, developmental, learning and human rights non-governmental organisation that contributes to the feminist struggle within WPS agenda. PWWSD believes that achieving justice and durable peace for women, as well as social, health and economic development at community level, is unachievable unless there is a clear political will to end the occupation and eliminate all forms of discrimination against women and girls and embody gender equality within the daily life of the community. PWWSD aims for gender equality and the eradication of all forms of discrimination against women, through empowering and mobilizing women’s participation in the struggle against the Israeli occupation, the contribution to the development processes, the promotion of woman’s political, economic and civil rights and the expansion of women’s access to justice through improving psychological well-being among women and girls, and combating gender-based violence.
PWWSD seeks to hire a full-time Public Relations and Fundraising Coordinator in its Ramallah main office. Main responsibilities include:
- Contribute to projects design and proposal writing for local and international donors.
- Enhance networking and foster strategic partnerships with governmental institutions, counterpart local and international NGOs and the private sector.
- Contribute to building and maintaining good relations with donors, partners and communities.
- Develop and implement both fundraising and PR strategies and plans.
- Plan, organize and implement fundraising activities.
- Promote community based involvement through organizing public events and participating in community initiatives.
- Ensure liaising with media outlets, coordinate press conferences, and produce media invitations and press releases.
- Use social media and traditional media tools to increase the visibility of PWWSD and communicate its programs, achievements and mission to the public.
- Contribute to maintaining PWWSD’s social media platforms, design media campaigns and analyse media coverage.
- Contribute to translating/ proofreading/ editing Arabic and English publications in addition to outgoing material of PWWSD.
- Follow up and supervise the production and dissemination of publicity material, publications and promotional/documentation videos.
- Work with other departments to develop and disseminate newsletter.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Permit to reside and work in Palestine for international candidates
- BA degree in Public relations, human rights, development, management, communications, or relevant field. Master’s degree is preferable.
- At least five years working in an NGO environment and preferably in the human/ women’s rights field
- Experience in fundraising and proposal writing for the non-profit sector
- Proven track record of successful management of national PR and media campaigns.
- High proficiency in Arabic and English languages
- A strong public speaker and advocate with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office and social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter
- Good knowledge and understanding of the social, political and legal situation regarding women’s rights in Palestine.
- Ability and flexibility to work within a team, and under high pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Interested candidates are requested to submit their Resume along with a Cover Letter in English explaining why they are the best fit for the job no later than 16.07.2018 to the following email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.