Position Type: Regular Employment -full Time
Location: Ramallah Office
Duration: Twelve months with possibility of extension
Department: PR and Media Unit
The Palestinian Fund for Employment and Social Protection for Workers (PFESP) was established by Presidential Decree No. 9 of 2003 as a national institution with legal personality and independent financial authority to contribute to the economic growth by activating and motivating labour market policies, and implementing programs and projects aimed at creating and generating sustained job opportunities.
PFESP is seeking a qualified, experienced, results-oriented Public Relation & Media Officer “Ramallah office” with the demonstrable capacities to carry out the scope of work according to the TOR of this assignment.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
PR & Media Officer is responsible to ensure that the visibility of PFESP enhanced and improved at national and international level, He/she will work well across departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Initiate and plan PR campaigns defining goals; analyzing problems and opportunities.
- Develop and maintain an excellent, sharable database of contacts for media and experts and also a history of stories
- Speaking in public at presentations, press conferences, radio and TV interviews, and meetings.
- Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies using up to date tools and approach.
- Liaising with and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organizations, often via telephone and email.
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media.
- Collating and analyzing media coverage.
- Writing and editing in-house brochures, speeches, articles and annual reports.
- Preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, and handouts.
- Organizing events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours.
- Maintaining and updating information on the organization’s website.
- Develop the institution media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to increase the awareness and enhance the visibility about the institution.
- Coordinate public events as assigned.
- Prepare and distribute news releases, story ideas, photographs and videos to media representatives.
- Commit to and support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to beneficiaries and adhering to the code of ethics and policies of PFESP and the norms in the local society.
- Perform work beyond normal office hours as required, without additional compensation.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to PFESP and not jeopardize its national mission.
- Any other duties as required by the CEO.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: CEO
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in public relations and advertising, media, or a related discipline
- At least 5 years’ proven experience in INGO or NGO environment and preferably in the employment and economic empowerment field.
- Understanding of the social, political, and economic context of the Palestinian territories.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and prioritization skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work both independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Excellent knowledge of editing and photography methodologies and programs.
- Demonstrated experience in using MS Office.
- Fluency in both English & Arabic languages including both written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills, with strong personality.
- Excellent planning and administration skills.
- Initiative, self-reliant and cooperative.
- Excellent time and organizational management skills.
- Excellent ability to work under pressure and carry out multiple tasks.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter no later than 25-8-2021 to the following email: [email protected]
Please indicate the position title in the email subject line, and include the name and surname on the CV and Cover letter documents.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.