- Develops and Manages program and project plans (sometimes multiple plans) - reviewing the plans regularly to ensure tasks and milestones are being achieved in a timely manner and prepares governance reports, project status reports, presentations, agendas etc.
- Takes an active part in the project issue/risk management process, by contributing to the identification and prioritization of existing and potential issues and risks, and helping to develop strategies and controls to mitigate them. Uses sound judgement to identify which issues and risks should be escalated to governance groups, and prepare relevant reports/documentation.
- Checks project compliance with implementation methodologies, and highlights any issues to the Project Manager or to the board of trustees directly if Project Manager is not available.
- Provides a skilled facilitation service to support the project team or in-charge staff of the organization in achieving the expectations. This means employing effective organizational and administrative processes, together with his/her knowledge and/or experience of project management smart practices, to facilitate the successful achievement of the project objectives.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with a wide range of people in addition to his/her own team, including project sponsors, senior managers, stakeholders/customers, other project team members and managers, external agencies and vendors.
- Helps in building project management capability within the organization by collaborating with other staff, coaching and mentoring others and generally encouraging the appropriate use of project management techniques by others.
- Identifies measures or indicators of organization performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance according to the goals of the organization.
- Understands and applies the organization’s policies and procedures, tools as well as the technical requirements of the project.
- Manages the personnel resources such as the project team by motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, nominate the project staff for the appropriate tasks and activities of the project.
- Formulates, implements, and monitors the technical rationale for multiple awareness projects.
- Schedule activities according to the project’s development.
- Follows up the project’s progress by regular site visits.
- Manages volunteer community mobilizers in the field, and be responsible for recruiting, and training small teams of local staff volunteers (community mobilizers).
- Develops new approaches for behavioral change and identifies hygiene messages.
- Organizes information meetings and workshops with community members to develop their knowledge in terms of water quality and hygienic practices.
- Working closely with the targeted communities and responsible for the creation of communities committees and ensure the sustainability on the designed interventions.
- Participates in writing the interim and final reports to donors.
- Participates in the design and implementation of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene promotion (WASH) assessments tools design, surveys or any other project identification study in collaboration and coordination with Project manager and Programs manager.
- Participates effectively in proposal writing for any future project.
- Participates in the design of WASH problem statements, concept papers and projects in collaboration and coordination with the project Manager.
- Participates in information gathering from other NGOs, institutions, local authorities and other key actors.
- Conduct data collection related to public health, gender sensitive and protection indicators at household and community level
- Develop and carry out water quality monitoring programs including water safety plans.
- Support project manager to supervise the implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning practices
- Raises the concept of advocacy into right to access, availability, acceptability and quality of the rights to WASH and health.
- Provides communications input into program proposals and donor reports in order to meet visibility requirements,
- Produces high quality written and multimedia materials like: blogs, case studies, situation reports, photographs, short films, CDs, Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials and videos across all programs.
- Develops social awareness through media initiatives; like theater shows, radio spots, radio programs, all with specific messages to the audience.
- Interprets and applies operational and special information in a variety of formats from a variety of sources.
- Shares and gives technical advice on ideas for visibility materials and related websites internally or externally with other partner NGOs.
- Establishes, leads and follows up on weekly planning (written and meetings) of the staff under his responsibility, in collaboration and coordination with the Project manager and Programs Manager.
- Reviews and proposes adjustment of the training plan and training material for community committees' members and community mobilizers under his responsibility.
Competencies and skills
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the PEF's values and ethical standards.
- Supports promotion of PEF vision, mission, and strategic goals.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Practices the principles of fair treatment and no harm.
- Demonstrates very good understanding of and experience in the public health, the importance of health promotion and massaging, and codes of conduct.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of health, safety and the environment in the context of the public health, and common procedures and processes used for the implementation of legislation, guidelines and standard practices.
- Demonstrates ability to solve problems in the field with partners, local committees and beneficiaries.
- Demonstrates ability to review and evaluate public health promotion manuals, messages, and approaches, specifications, terms of references, and bills of quantities of related works.
- Understands time and cost implications of decisions and has the ability to prioritize and identify critical issues.
- Outstanding writing skills, with proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Communicates sensitively, effectively and creatively across different Stakeholders.
- Very strong organizational and planning skills.
- Good IT skills, including databases, office software packages, statistical software e.g., SPSS.
- Good familiarity with all types of hygiene promotion and public health campaigns and messages and tools of interventions.
- Very good familiarity with gender equality issues.
- Has ability to be multi tasked.
- Focuses on impact and results for the donors/organizations and other stakeholders.
- Interacts effectively with colleagues and partners.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Identifies opportunities and builds strong relationships with clients and partners.
- Demonstrates exceptional ability to remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Participates effectively in team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others.
- Takes initiative and solves anticipated and real problems.
Palestinian Environmental Friends Association (PEF) is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Practical experience of not less than6 years
- Minimum of four years of practical experience with NGOs, CBOs.
- The duration of the assignment is for Thirty three months, based on [five months] contract (extendable depending on the satisfactory performance in the contract duration) and for additional months during the project implementation period.
- Fluency in Arabic and English (written and oral)
Interested candidates should send updated CV, including at least three professional references covering the last two supervisors for their last two jobs and all supporting documents through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
- Submission deadline is: Monday 4 , March 2019 .
- Only shortlisted will be contacted.
For inquiries, please call the Association's telephone number: 2131506