Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
Public Health Assistant
For a period of 3 months:
The public health assistant will coordinate implementation of the community-based activities i.e. hygiene promotion, water quality, nutrition and health awareness sessions. And ensure programmatic consistency and good collaboration amongst all technical teams for a comprehensive and integrated approach towards supporting project beneficiaries.
And provide extensive training for the selected focal points on hygiene, safe water handling, basic nutrition and health, and reproductive health.
Under the supervision of the Hygiene Promotion Officer, the Public Health Assistant will:
- Assist the implementation of the community-based activities, regardless of the messaging, but can include: hygiene, safe food and water handling, dietary diversity, nutrition awareness, health, etc.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of a plan for field work and work schedules for the implementation of activities according to the action plan.
- Ensure programmatic consistency and good collaboration amongst all hygiene promotion and food security staff for a comprehensive and integrated approach towards supporting project beneficiaries.
- Assist and select the focal points for the community sessions in collaboration with the CBOs.
- Provide extensive training for the selected focal points on hygiene, basic nutrition and health, and reproductive health.
- Provide on-going support and training for the focal points, CBOs and other team members.
- Identify the gaps in current activities and propose new ideas based on the needs coming from the field
- Ensure the quality of hygiene promotion and social activities and the monitoring of beneficiaries in the target area.
- Study and promote the use of community networks to raise awareness of good public health practices in the area.
- Regular reporting on his/her activities.
- Coordinate with the Water Authority, MOEHE, MOH and the Foundation, institutions, and the relevant authorities as contained in the project activities and events.
Assist in conducting Community awareness campaign
- Implement hygiene promotion and public health activities (workshops, trainings) during the campaigns
- Assist in designing activities such as, theatre plays, quiz competitions, photo exhibitions, mural painting, clean-up campaigns and interactive awareness workshops in the community.
- Assist in designing activity tools for the sensitization sessions
- Assist in community mobilization collaboration with the community mobilisers to ensure the maximum participation.
Organize discussion groups and working groups with the target group
- Conduct house-to-house visits to hygiene practices of the target population.
- Mobilize and inform the community on project activities.
- Provide sessions, discussions, and disseminate informative materials to the target population through home visits.
Coordination with the CBOs and community mobilisers, to assist in creating focal points in the community
- Identify the potential focal points in the community through workshops, focus group discussions.
- Provide training to the focal points, and on job support to improve their capacity and knowledge on optimum hygiene and health practices.
- Assist other activities as required.
Reporting and coordination
- Report daily of field activities to the Hygiene Promotion Officer (materials delivered, work achieved, beneficiaries’ attendance, obstacles and constrains) taking into consideration reporting requirements and monitoring and/or evaluation tools and indicators.
- Participate in the preparation of the monthly "Activity Progress Reports" (APRs) and submit them to the Hygiene Promotion Officer and WASH Head of Project
- Participate in the preparation and collection of data for communication, advocacy and capitalization purposes (case studies, etc)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor degree and at least 1-year experience (2-years is desired) in WASH or public health background (community/public health, WASH, nursing, nutrition, dietician….).
- Sense of confidentiality – Skilled activity leader - Good listening, good communication and adaptation capacity
- Excellent communication skills and has extensive knowledge of ways to deal smoothly with all sectors of the community. Has good empathy and patience.
- Have a minimum knowledge on hygiene promotion or public health practices and have the capacity and motivation to learn more in a short space of time.
- Proven relevant field experience in WASH, food security or nutrition context in the Gaza Strip.
- Knowledge in Humanitarian programming
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Arabic
- English language is a plus
- Knowledge in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Interne
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 5/06/2019
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.