Job Title: Psychosocial Support Coordinator
Responsible to: Project Officer
Responsible for: N/A
Duration: 16 Months
Location: QADER’s Office – Beit Jala
QADER is implementing an initiative titled “Enhancing the protection of women and girls with disabilities from SGBV (Erada)” within Naseej project implemented by Oxfam and co-financed by the European Union.
Erada is an 18-months project that aims at strengthening support services for women and girls with disabilities SGBV survivors, and transforming the social norms that perpetuate SGBV with a special focus on youth engagement. QADER will establish a hotline for women and girls with disabilities SGBV survivors with a specialized legal and psychosocial counselling services, and will implement awareness campaigns on the SGBV and the protection of women and girls with disabilities through mobilizing the role of youth, community influencers and role models.
The Psychosocial Support Coordinator will be responsible for implementing field activities of the project according to the DIP. The PSS Coordinator will work closely with the target groups and beneficiaries of the project, and ensure that their active participation and dedication to the project. She will also provide assistance in operating the hotline and in the case management follow up and field visits.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support to the Psychosocial Counsellor in operating the hotline.
- Provide support to managing the case management system at QADER; ensuring timely response and intervention as needed.
- Conduct field visits to reported cases of W&GwD victims of sexual and gender-based violence to collect data and ensure its completeness and accuracy in order to identify proper interventions.
- Provide assistance in providing psychosocial support to reported cases of women and girls with disability SGBV survivors, as needed.
- Provide assistance in the implementation of effective referral mechanism to specialized protection service providers.
- Ensure application and full compliance with QADER’s confidentiality and data protection policy, and other relevant policies.
- Provide support on the liaison with GBV protection service providers among official institutions and civil society organizations, and promote synergies and cooperation with them.
- Contribute to the development of communication materials, advocacy, preparation of position papers, policy papers, strengthening coalitions and networks, production of awareness materials, etc.
- Conduct sound coordination and implementation of field activities of the project, and ensure implementation schedules are met as per the detailed implementation plan (DIP).
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATION & CORE COMPETENCIES
- BA in a social sciences field, preferably in social work.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience of field work, including stakeholders’ engagement, community mobilization, and advocacy, working with youth groups.
- Experience in psycho-social support
- Demonstrated experience in GBV and disability is a plus.
- Being familiar with GBV protection systems and GBV protection service providers landscape.
- Previous experience in case management approach.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent written communication skills in Arabic, good command of spoken and written English language is a plus.
- Proficiency in using MS Windows, MS Office packages (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Interested candidates may apply, and submit their CVs/Resumes in addition to a Cover Letter (not less than 200 words, clarifying how your qualifications and personal specifications meet the job requirements) in PDF form, via QADER's online application form on the following Link: Psychosocial Support Coordinator . Deadline for applying for this post is Friday 21/05/2021.
“QADER is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with disabilities, women, and other underrepresented or minority populations are encouraged to apply and to seek QADER’s support on the application process where additional accommodation is required”
Should you need any support on the application process, please communicate with us via phone: 02-2749767