MÉDICOS DEL MUNDO – SPAIN
Needs to fill the position of a
PYCHOSOCIAL COORDINATOR in the WEST BANK
Job Title: Psychologist
Job Location: Jericho – West Bank
Contract Duration: 6 months with possible extension
Starting Date: ASAP
Deadline: November 27th, 2018
Médicos del Mundo-Spain (MdM-S), is an international humanitarian organization, working to make effective the Universal Right to Health. MdM is a non-profitable, non-governmental, non-political and non-confessional organization operating under the principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence.
The purpose of MdM-S is to provide access to health care services, assist in the health needs of the most vulnerable population, denounce the violations of human rights, promote social mobilization and advocate for social and political changes, with a human rights based approach and mainstreaming gender perspective.
MdM-S has been working in the oPt since 2006. Its work has been mainly focused on Mental Health and Psychosocial support (MHPSS), Primary Healthcare and Advocacy. In the West Bank, MdM-S is directly providing psychosocial protection to Bedouin communities in Area C and E1, and promoting community based resilience activities. In collaboration with local partners MdM facilitates access to primary healthcare and improves the capacity of primary education staff to integrate psychosocial and psychoeducational interventions in the schools, promote positive discipline and cope with stressful events.
The objective of this position is to coordinate the implementation of mental health and psychosocial support activities in the target communities and schools of Jericho Governorate and East Jerusalem based on MdM-S methodology and under the supervision of the Project Manager/Mental Health Advisor.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
West Bank, The position will be based in Jericho City, with frequent visits to E1 Area and Jordan Valley communities and Schools in the Jericho Governorate. The candidate will attend coordination meetings in Ramallah.
The selected candidate will lead the project team and will report to the Project Manager. He/She will agree the technical aspects of the project with the Mental Health Advisor, including the monitoring.
Psychosocial and Psychoeducation Interventions
- Lead a technical team composed of a psychologist and social worker for the implementation of mental health and psychosocial intervention with vulnerable population in Jericho Governorate and East Jerusalem, and psychoeducational and community based resilience activities in schools. Lead implementation of psychoeducational activities with local partners. (30%)
- Carry out the implementation and follow up of psychosocial interventions in Bedouin communities, following MdM-S methodology, in coordination with the Social Worker. Ensure proper management of cases and referral to other local organizations and authorities. (20%)
- Ensure participation, coordination and alignment with humanitarian coordination mechanisms (clusters). (10%)
- In coordination with PM and MH Advisor, conduct follow up of projects, including financial follow up, and negotiation with partners and authorities. (5%)
- Ensure proper application of standards, protocols and procedures, including data collection and analysis. Follow and fulfill all reporting requirements by the Mental Health Advisor/PM. Promptly report any deviation or risk detected. Propose improvements in protocols, procedures and tools for the implementation, follow up and monitoring of MHPSS activities and facts-based advocacy activities. (10%)
- Actively contribute to the definition of MdM strategy in the country. Ensure proper design and justification of projects, and the update of MHPSS protocols and tools, in coordination with the PM and MH Advisor (10%)
- Support capacity building of partners and co-workers in his/her area of expertise. Develop training materials when needed. (5%)
- Actively design and implement advocacy activities of MdM in relation to his/her area of expertise, in coordination with the rest of the team and local partners. (5%),
- Contribute to the knowledge management of the organization in oPt, and in particular in terms of logistics, studies and reports, and potential local partners. (5%).
- Any other tasks requested by the the PM, Mental Health Advisor or Genco, in her/his area of expertise.
- To respect MdM ethics, principles and regulations as well as the dignity of the beneficiaries. - Strict compliance with the safety protocols established by Médicos del Mundo.
- To respect each team member’s position and hierarchical links.
- To work as part of a team and participate in different activities.
- Demonstrate motivation at work.
- Willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating in capacity building activities.
- Ability to accept feedbacks and willingness to improve own capacities.
- Contribute to generate a positive work environment.
- To report any breach of the MdM-S Code of Conduct.
- Bachelor degree in Psychology required
- Gender studies are an asset.
- Training on MHPSS in (post) conflict environment, Human Rights and/or Protection are assets.
- Training on Child development is an asset.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive professional experience in the relevant field is required.
- The following experience are assets:
1. Working with local NGOs or INGO in similar position.
2. Experience / knowledge in MHPSS outreach, case management and community engagement.
3. Experience in design and provision of trainings and capacity building activities.
- Driving license required.
- Ability to cope with hard context. Stress management.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and assertively with MdM target groups.
- Ability to draft standard and clear written communication, such as letters and reports.
- Excellence in organizing, planning and prioritizing tasks.
- Results oriented team management skills.
- Culturally sensitive, respectful attitude and collaborative approach to diversity
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to work in an international environment.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (spoken, reading and writing).
- Microsoft Office package (especially Word, Excel and Outlook).
Salary scales of Médicos del Mundo in the oPt will be applicable to this position.
People interested in the position must send their resume or CV, contact details of 2 references, and a one-page motivation letter in English to [email protected]
before November 27th, 2018 indicating in the subject: Psychosocial Coordinator.
Applications not fulfilling guidelines and requirements will be dismissed.
MdM Spain will contact only pre-selected candidates by email. Applications unanswered within 15 days after deadline must be considered dismissed.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Médicos del Mundo promotes equal opportunities. No candidate with a valid profile will be excluded because of a functional diversity or for whatever birth, ethnicity, religion, age or gender reasons.