Established in 1958, the Union of Charitable Societies - Jerusalem (UCS) is the first National Palestinian non-profit and independent UCS of non-governmental charitable and developmental associations. The UCS has approximately 150 member organizations in Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Jericho, and Ramallah.
The UCS’s vision is to build an effective civil society contributing to sustainable national development. We are a national UCS leading civil society organizations and working to improve the capacities and through providing a range of specialized and quality services that advances Palestinian civil society and contributes to sustainable development. The Union of Charitable Societies–Jerusalem (UCS) invites highly qualified candidates to apply for the following posts:
Position Title : Principal Psychologist
Reporting To : Programme Manger
Location : Based in Jerusalem or Bethlehem
Duration : 6 month’s consultancy contract.
Job Type : Full time Consultant.
Closing Date : Monday-June 13, 2022
Vacancy Code : C4W/2/2022
The primary purpose of this role is to work with the UCS Programs Department to support the implementation of the project “Hand to hand with the elderly to promote comprehensive health and social care services” a sub-project of the “Cash for work” component, which comes within the “Emergency Social Protection to Confront the Corona Covid-19 Pandemic” project, funded by the World Bank within the framework of The emergency response plan announced by the Ministry of Labour, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Social Development and the Palestinian Employment Fund.
The Principal Psychologist manages the day-to-day operations of the psychological / psychosocial support services to elderly persons and their caregivers. He/she provides psychological supervision and support within multi-settings, and is able to manage complex cases. He/she provides specialised expertise, and leads initiatives to improve psychological services, delivery and models of care.
He/she is an experienced professional with good team management and interpersonal skills, and works in varied settings. He/she also leads collaborative teams with other professionals.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop monthly action plans for psychologists’ teams.
- Distribution of work for the teams in the field.
- Provide supervision to psychologists, and monitoring their performance.
- Providing specialized training and orientation for psychologists and following up their psychological interventions with the beneficiaries
- Monitoring field work with beneficiaries, assessing the quality of the intervention.
- Submit monthly progress narrative report.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in clinical or counselling Psychology (Preferable a Master degree).
- She/he should possess a practice license from related authorities.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar role.
- Desirable previous experience in NGO’s and/or INGOs.
- Strong working knowledge of diagnostic techniques and a variety of evidence-based treatment modalities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong familiarity with assessment techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to operate within ethical and professional standards of care.
- Strong technical and progress reporting skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Results and quality orientated teamwork and cooperation.
- Behavioural flexibility, stress management.
- Excellent command of English & Arabic
آخر موعد للتقديم
13 - Jun - 2022
القدس, بيت لحم
All applicants are requested to send their resumes along with a cover letter in English to the following email address: [email protected] and quote “Psychologist Vacancy” in the subject line. The deadline for sending job applications is Monday-June 13, 2022. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Union of the Charitable Societies-Jerusalem (UCS) is an equal opportunities employer and females are highly encouraged to apply.