The YWCA of Jerusalem located in Sheikh Jarrah, East Jerusalem, is a membership-based women organization registered locally as a non-governmental organization. The YWCA works under four main thematic areas: Women's Economic Development, Women’s Rights Programs, Youth Leadership, Training and Civic Engagement as well as Children Education and Cognitive Learning.
YWCA of Jerusalem will be implementing a joint project with TDH Lausanne, YWCA Palestine and Stars of hope
-Project title: Enabled and inclusive community based MHPSS and GBV services in East Jerusalem and Areas C in Ramallah and Tubas funded by UNOCHA.
The project aims at strengthening community-based protection mechanisms, through building the capacities of Community-based organization’ service providers and community volunteers to provide qualitative and inclusive CP MHPSS and GBV responses. This includes raising awareness, providing MHPSS structured and non-structured support, case management processes, safe identification and referral of CP cases and referral of GBV cases.
The YWCA of Jerusalem is seeking to employ a Psychologist.
Position title: Psychologist
The overall tasks: The role of the psychologist is to conduct GBV activities, provide support for community volunteers, conduct GBV support group structured sessions, case management and referral.
Contract period: 11 months
Reports to: Project Coordinator
-Starting period: 19/4/2022 until 31/3/2023
-Location: East Jerusalem
-Project Localities: Old City, Sheikh Jarrah, Shufat camp
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- At least 4 years’ experience working with child protection or GBV programing
- BA in Psychology / social science/ child development is a must
- Familiarity with the humanitarian context in the targeted localities, especially the referral system.
- Proven experience of working directly with children and families
- Experience in supervising and coaching volunteers
- Knowledge of Interagency Emergency Standard Operational Procedures for Prevention of and Response to Gender Based Violence and Child Protection is a plus.
- Working Experience within the NGO sector in similar positions.
- Jerusalem ID
All interested candidates should send a detailed CV and a cover letter in English. The cover letter should include the applicant's expectations of the position and how his/her qualifications relate to the vacancy.
Please specify the job you are applying for in the subject line of your email
Please send CVs and cover letters to YWCA Jerusalem at: Email: [email protected]
Applications must be received no later than 12/4/2022 by 14:00 pm.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.