Médecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is currently seeking to hire PSYCHOLOGIST to join the Medical team in our Gaza project.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Providing psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve the patients’ mental health.
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Informing the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow and referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient's condition
- Implementing the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) and Child Protection protocols, identifying possible victims of SGBV or child abuse and referring them so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities.
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
The psychologist is expected to:
-Be part of the MHPSS team
-Conduct psychological assessments to patients including both adults and children, either before the procedures and/or during their treatment.
-Identify and refer social and medical needs including psychiatric care, child protection and GBV.
-Conduct different MHPSS activities for the patients such as psychological interventions for severe patients, palliative care, pain management, relaxation excercises, psychoeducation and patient support.
-Facilitate trainings to medical staff.
- Coordinate with different departments and participate in multidisciplinary meetings to collaborate in the integral treatment of patients
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential degree in Psychology or High diploma in Mental Health
- Essential minimum 2 years’ of clinical experience of counselling or psychotherapy treatment.
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s
- Desirable experience with working both wit adults and children.
- Experience with interdisciplinary team is an asset
Basic communication skills (writing, speaking and reading) in English is required.
Desirable computer literacy (word, excel, and internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV in English, with reference details to:
Médecins Sans Frontières, Human Resources Department – Gaza Project
Deadline: January 6th 2022 at 4:00 pm
*The recruitment will be done as the applications are received, so the call may close earlier
Only sending via e-mail will be accepted
A Security Clearance certificate issued by MOI will required at the last stage of the recruitment process.