SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
Position: Psychologist, Emergency
Line Manager: Project Officer, Emergency
Status: Full Time
Location: Rafah – Gaza Strip
Child Safeguarding Commitment:
SOS Children’s Villages works with children’s and youth. Any applicant he/she should act in a way that safeguards children and youth from all forms of discrimination, abuse, mistreatment and neglect, and will keep data about the children and youth in SOS Children’s Villages programmes confidential. He/she will report all concerns regarding actual or potential child abuse, mistreatment or any other violation of the Child Protection Policy according to our reporting and responding system. For sure, He/she would be protected and supported by the organization.
The role of the psychologist is essential in securing support for children who have been directly and indirectly affected by the recent violence that took place in the Gaza Strip. The child psychologist reports to the project officer and works in close coordination. This position will offer psycho-social support for children, from the wider community in the Rafah and other targeted governorate and will be based in children village Rafah the Gaza Strip.
The Psychologist is required to have a deep knowledge of all relevant manuals, policies, guidelines and other relevant documents of SOS Children’s Villages
General aim of the position
Ensure that proper child psychological and mental diagnosis is conducted in best interest of the child
- perform clinical assessment for each individual child and ensure that all
Cases are assessed and documented.
- Present the assessment and decide whether further referrals are needed for the child for other expert centers in the Gaza Strip.
- Ensure proper follow-up for cases.
- Well oriented with cognitive behaviour therapy, psychodrama, and family counselling
- Ability to train and support the capacity of the CBO.
- Facilitate re-creation activities to children, Mothers and be able to manage group sessions
Support and guide CBO staff
- Coordinate and facilitate psychological training sessions for CBO staff ,
- Provide psychosocial support and guidance to children, Mothers, and discuss with them solutions and procedures to follow with children
- Ensure proper documentation and updating of children files including individual and group management plans.
- Provide coaching and supervise CBOs staff through project activities implementations
Ensure proper follow up with the biological families
- Become familiar with the background, Philosophies, and clear with the Principles, Policies (especially the child protection policy), and structures of the SOS Organization;
- Understand the roles of the different SOS Staff/team members
- Attends management meetings as a part of the project management team, and assists with general managerial duties as required.
- Carries out all duties in an exemplary manner and provides a good role model for the children.
- Protects the children in our care from all forms of physical or mental violence, injury or abuse, neglect or negligent treatment, maltreatment or exploitation, including sexual abuse.
- Handles all SOS property and CBO property appropriately, including the financial resources of the organization.
- Performs any other reasonable duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Support of staff and CBO staff at and willingness to conduct quality first aid psychology support.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's degree in Counselling/Psychology/Mental Health, Master degree is preferable
- .At least 3-5 years’ experience working directly with children.
- Work experience in a case management approach
- Experience in a Child Friendly space setting.
- Team work and flexible.
المسمى الوظيفي Psychologist
آخر موعد للتقديم 07 - Jul - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
Interested candidates must send their Cover Letter including related job achievements, CV, and three traceable references to:
[email protected] by Wednesday 07/07/2021.
Indicating in the subject line: Psychologist, Emergency
Only short listed candidates will be contacted Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة قرى الأطفال SOS Children’s Villages
خالة (مساعدة ام بديلة)
Institutional Partnership Development Officer
رام الله والبيرة, بيت لحم
FSP & CS Advisor
Alternative Care Advisor
National FSP & CS Advisor
National Alternative Care Advisor