Médecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. To develop this work from (name of mission), we are recruiting a:
MSF is currently seeking to hire 1 Psychologist to join the Mental Health team in our Gaza project.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Providing psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and proce-dures in order to improve the patients’ mental health.
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients (children and adults) and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Informing the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow and referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary.
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities.
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities.
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
- Support the networking activities carried out with the supervisor.
- Support the initiation process of the psychologists less experienced in clinical work and knowledge about the dynamics in the hospital/structure of health.
- Work in collaboration with the supervisor of the department in the definition of MHPSS activities needed according to the requests and demands from the patients.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Education: Essential Master degree Psychology or High Diploma in Mental Health
- Language: Local language and fluent English are mandatory
- Experience: Individual, family and group MHPSS activities with patients with disabilities, chronic pain and children. Experience working with MSF or NGO is an asset.
- Transport allowance
- Health expenses coverage
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV, max 2 pages, in English, with reference details, copies of diploma, and work certificate to:
Médecins Sans Frontières, Human Resources Department – Gaza Project
Mentioning; Psychologist Before 1st June 2021 5pm.
A Security Clearance certificate issued by MOI will required at the last stage of the recruitment process.