MÉDICOS DEL MUNDO – SPAIN
Needs to fill the position of a
Clinical Psychologist in the WEST BANK
Job Title: Psychologist
Job Location: Jericho – West Bank
Contract Duration: 12 months with possible extension
Starting Date: ASAP. January 2020
Deadline: 31st December 2020
Médicos del Mundo-Spain (MdM-S), is an international humanitarian organization, working to make effective the Universal Right to Health. MdM is a non-profitable, non-governmental, non-political and non-confessional organization operating under the principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence.
The purpose of MdM-S is to provide access to health care services, assist in the health needs of the most vulnerable population, denounce the violations of human rights, promote social mobilization and advocate for social and political changes, with a human rights based approach and mainstreaming gender perspective.
MdM-S has been working in the oPt since 2006. Its work has been mainly focused on Mental Health and Psychosocial support (MHPSS), Primary Healthcare and Advocacy.
In the West Bank, MdM-S is directly providing psychosocial protection to Bedouin communities in Area C and E1, and promoting community based resilience activities. In collaboration with local partners MdM facilitates access to primary healthcare and improves the capacity of primary education staff to integrate psychosocial and psychoeducational interventions in the schools, promote positive discipline and cope with stressful events.
MdM-S is launching a project to support integration of MHPSS into primary healthcare in Jericho.
The objective of this position is to deliver training on developmental problems and disorders of children and adolescents, to elaborate tools, protocols and best practices, to carry out assessments, surveys supervisions and research, to participate of the humanitarian system and develop networking based on MdM-S methodology.
The psychologist will be inside a technical team, and also will support the implementation of mental health and psychosocial support activities in the target communities and schools of Jericho Governorate and East Jerusalem based on MdM-S methodology and under the supervision of the Project Manager/MHPSS Coordinator/General Coordinator.
This position will be supporting the team current work, but with a special emphasis on supporting mental health trainings for medical and health workers.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
West Bank. The position will be based in Jericho City.
The selected candidate will work in coordination inside the current technical team. He/She will agree the technical aspects of the project with the Mental Health Coordinator, including the monitoring.
- Developing and implementing training mainly on mental health for children and adolescents.
- Design tailored training on Mental Health and Psychosocial topics for health professionals.
- Elaborate pedagogic tools and materials for training.
- Developing supervision sessions
- Carrying out assessment sessions for needs detection, mapping resources and identification of gaps
- Design and elaborate protocols
- Design and elaborate best practices
- Design and elaborate surveys and collect data
- Carry out research, data gathering and to draft advocacy / communication materials.
- Occasionally, participate in awareness raising activities in Spain and other countries
- Support in the elaboration of Standard Operative Procedures.
- Implement and contribute to develop quality assurance measures and tools.
- Support on MHPSS programming and contribute to drawing up new project proposals.
- Assist in the analysis of the data collected and reports both quantitatively and qualitatively.
-Contribute to elaborate monthly follow up reports
- Continuously asses monitor and evaluate both project needs
- Contribute to the preparation of projects activities and annual budgets.
- Elaboration of internal and externals (donors, cluster, governmental institutions) reports
- Participate in project technical justification.
- Implementation and regularly update of the project intervention database(s).
- In coordination with the General Coordinator, MHPSS coordinator, and Headquarters in Spain, conduct follow up of projects, including financial follow up, and negotiation with partners and authorities.
- When requested, participate in relevant platforms/networks/clusters focused on MHPSS theme.
- Contributes to establish and maintain collaborative relationships within Mental Health System and with other key partners and organizations, including services providers.
- Coordination with other INGOs, NGOs and CBOs.
- Advocacy among stakeholders.
- Collect information for the advocacy the advocacy line of the organization
- Perform additional duties on request of the Psychosocial Coordinator / PM / MHPSS Coordinator / General Coordinator.
- Translate verbally and written from Arabic to English and from English to Arabic when necessary.
- Represent MdM-S in networks/clusters focused on MHPSS theme upon request of his/her supervisor.
- To attend MdM-S team meetings and to give qualitative input.
- To prepare, if necessary, contingency plans with the MdM-S team.
- To elaborate articles about the MdM interventions
- To respect MdM ethics, principles and regulations as well as the dignity of the beneficiaries. - Strict compliance with the safety protocols established by Médicos del Mundo.
- To respect each team member’s position and hierarchical links.
- To work as part of a team and participate in different activities.
- Demonstrate motivation at work.
- Willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating in capacity building activities.
- Ability to accept feedbacks and willingness to improve own capacities.
- Contribute to generate a positive work environment.
- To report any breach of the MdM-S Code of Conduct.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Clinical psychologist profile and/or experience with working with medical teams
▪ Counselling background or expertise
▪ Strong knowledge about mental health interventions with children and adolescents
- Bachelor degree in Psychology
- Advanced degree in Mental Health will be an asset.
-Training or courses on children and adolescent’s mental health and psychosocial problems and disorders will be an asset
- Training or courses on pedagogic skills or communication skills
- Gender studies are an asset.
- Training on MHPSS in (post) conflict environment, Human Rights and/or Protection are assets.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in working with local NGOs or INGO in a similar position or public institutions, in the MHPSS sector.
- Experience working with medical teams
- Experience in rehabilitation centers is and asset
- Previous experience providing training or facilitating staff capacity building activities.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation of the projects would be an asset.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and assertively with MdM partners.
- Ability to draft standard and clear written communication, such as proposals and reports.
- Excellence in organizing, planning and prioritizing tasks.
- Coordination ability to perform his/her duties as part of a team.
- Ability to identify strengths/weaknesses, proposing solutions for the improvement of the services provided.
- Ability to provide training. Familiarity with creative methodologies will be considered.
- Teaching Skills.
- Culturally sensitive, respectful attitude and collaborative approach to diversity
- Emotional management.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (spoken, reading and writing).
- Microsoft Office package (especially Word, Excel and Outlook).
Salary scales of Médicos del Mundo in the oPt will be applicable to this position.
المسمى الوظيفي Psychologist
آخر موعد للتقديم 31 - Dec - 2020
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
التصنيف الطب والتمريض والصحة العامة
People interested in the position must send their resume or CV, contact details of 2 references, and a one-page motivation letter in English to [email protected] before December 31 2020 indicating in the subject: Clinical Psychologist
Applications not fulfilling guidelines and requirements will be dismissed.
MdM Spain will contact only pre-selected candidates by email. Applications unanswered within 15 days after deadline must be considered dismissed.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Médicos del Mundo promotes equal opportunities. No candidate with a valid profile will be excluded because of a functional diversity or for whatever birth, ethnicity, religion, age or gender reasons. functional diversity or for whatever birth, ethnicity, religion, age or gender reasons.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة MDM Spain منظمة أطباء العالم - إسبانيا
Sexual and Reproductive Health and GbV Officer
19, Dec, 2019
Sexual and Reproductive Health and GbV officer
17, Sep, 2019
6, Aug, 2019