Established in 1958, the Union of Charitable Societies - Jerusalem (UCS) is the first National Palestinian non-profit and independent UCS of non-governmental charitable and developmental associations. The UCS has approximately 150 member organizations in Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Jericho, and Ramallah.
The UCS’s vision is to build an effective civil society contributing to sustainable national development. We are a national UCS leading civil society organizations and working to improve the capacities and services of our member societies through providing a range of specialized and quality services that advances Palestinian civil society and contributes to sustainable development. The Union of Charitable Societies–Jerusalem (UCS) invites highly qualified candidates to apply for the following posts:
- Job title: Psychologist
- Part time Position number: PR/8/2020
- Type of contract: Fixed term contract
- Report to: Programs Manager
- Location: Ramallah – Bethlehem (2 positions)
- Salary: Salary dependent upon experience.
- Closing date for applications: Thursday, December 10, 2020
The primary purpose of this role is to work with the UCS Programs Department to support the implementing of the project “Hand to hand with the older person to pass Covid-19 Pandemic during 2020/2021”, specifically the psychologist will contribute to designing a screening tool / survey, and deliver psychological / psychosocial support services to elderly persons and their caregivers. S/he will also contribute along with the projects’ team to the referral system for providing a comprehensive package of services to the elderly persons.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Work with the related team members and contribute to the development of assessment tools and surveys.
- Perform psychological assessments, testing, and evaluation for the elderly people when needed.
- Provide diagnosis based on assessments, testing, and evaluation.
- Provide psychosocial support sessions to the elderly people in person and through the hotline service.
- Provide psychosocial support session to the care givers at the elderly residential homes.
- Develop and recommend treatment plans based on patient needs and diagnosis.
- Provide referrals when necessary for additional care, evaluation, or treatment.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and other professionals to provide the best care possible.
- Coordinate with case managers about care plans for the elderly in the residential care setting.
- Complete all necessary clinical documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure all services are completed according to relevant ethical and professional standards of care.
- Contribute to the message development sessions for tailor- made/ review of existing COVID-19 messages aiming at promoting health and protection of elderly people during the pandemic.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in clinical or counselling Psychology (Preferable a Master degree).
- S/he should possess a practice license from related authorities.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar role.
- Desirable previous experience in NGO’s and/or INGOs.
- Strong working knowledge of diagnostic techniques and a variety of evidence-based treatment modalities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong familiarity with assessment techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to operate within ethical and professional standards of care.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Results and quality orientated teamwork and cooperation.
- Behavioural flexibility, stress management, reporting skills.
- Excellent command of English & Arabic
All applicants are requested to send their resumes along with a cover letter in English to the following email address: [email protected] and quote “Psychologist Vacancy” in the subject line. The deadline for sending job applications is Thursday, December 10, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Union of the Charitable Societies-Jerusalem (UCS) is an equal opportunities employer and females are highly encouraged to apply.