MÉDICOS DEL MUNDO – SPAIN
Needs to fill the position of a
PSYCHOLOGIST in Gaza
Médicos del Mundo-Spain (MdM-S), is an international humanitarian organization, working to make effective the Universal Right to Health. MdM is a non-profitable, non-governmental, non-political and non-confessional organization operating under the principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence.
The purpose of MdM-S is to provide access to health care services, assist in the health needs of the most vulnerable population, denounce the violations of human rights, promote social mobilization and advocate for social and political changes.
MdM-S has been working in the oPt since 2006. Its work has been oriented to Mental Health and Psychosocial support (MHPSS), and Primary Healthcare. In the Gaza Strip, MdM-S strategy aims the improvement of mental health and wellbeing of children and adolescents. This intervention is focused on the strengthening of governmental children and adolescent’s mental health services, and community organizations working with children and adolescents through a capacity building approach. This includes training activities and materials and equipment’s provision.
The objective of this position is to deliver training on developmental problems and disorders of children and adolescents, to elaborate tools, protocols and best practices, to carry out assessments, surveys supervisions and research, to participate of the humanitarian system and develop networking based on MdM-S methodology.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
Gaza Strip. The position will be based in Gaza City, with frequent visits along the whole Gaza Strip.
The selected candidate will be part of the project team and will report to the psychosocial coordinator and the Project Manager. Technical components will be under the supervision and guidance of the Mental Health Advisor.
- Developing and implementing training mainly on development problems and disorders of children and adolescents.
- Design tailored training on Mental Health and Psychosocial topics for mental health professionals.
- Elaborate pedagogic tools and materials for training.
- Design and elaborate training materials
- Developing supervision sessions
- Carrying out assessment sessions for needs detection, mapping resources and identification of gaps
- Design and elaborate protocols
- Design and elaborate best practices
- Design and elaborate surveys and collect data
- Carry out research, data gathering and to draft advocacy / communication materials.
- Support in the elaboration of Standard Operative Procedures.
- Implement and contribute to develop quality assurance measures and tools.
- Support on MHPSS programming and drawing up new project proposals.
- Contribute to the elaboration of project proposals.
- Assist in the analysis of the data collected and reports both quantitatively and qualitatively.
-Contribute to elaborate monthly follow up reports
- Continuously asses monitor and evaluate both project needs
- Contribute to the preparation of projects activities and annual budgets.
- Elaboration of internal and externals (donors, cluster, governmental institutions) reports
- Participate in project technical justification.
- Implementation and regularly update of the project intervention database(s).
- When requested, participate in relevant platforms/networks/clusters focused on MHPSS theme.
- Contributes to establish and maintain collaborative relationships within Mental Health System and with other key partners and organizations, including services providers.
- Coordination with other INGOs, NGOs and CBOs.
- Advocacy among stakeholders.
- Collect information for the advocacy the advocacy line of the organization
- Perform additional duties on request of the Psychosocial Coordinator / PM / Mental Health Advisor / General Coordinator.
- Translate verbally and written from Arabic to English and from English to Arabic when necessary.
- Represent MdM-S in networks/clusters focused on MHPSS theme upon request of his/her supervisor.
- To attend MdM-S team meetings and to give qualitative input.
- To prepare, if necessary, contingency plans with the MdM-S team.
- To elaborate articles about the MdM interventions
- To respect MdM ethics, principles and regulations as well as the dignity of the beneficiaries.
- Strict compliance with the safety protocols established by Médicos del Mundo.
- To respect each team member’s position and hierarchical links.
- To work as part of a team and participate in different activities.
- Demonstrate motivation at work.
- Willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating in capacity building activities.
- Ability to accept feedbacks and willingness to improve own capacities.
- Contribute to generate a positive work environment.
- To report any breach of the MdM-S Code of Conduct.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor degree in Psychology (Advanced degree in Mental Health will be an asset).
-Training or courses on children and adolescent’s mental health and psychosocial problems and disorders (will be an asset)
- Training or courses on pedagogic skills
- Training or courses on communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in working with local NGOs or INGO in a similar position or public institutions, in the MHPSS sector.
- Previous experience providing training or facilitating staff capacity building activities.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation of the projects.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and assertively with MdM partners.
- Ability to draft standard and clear written communication, such as proposals and reports.
- Excellence in organizing, planning and prioritizing tasks.
- Coordination ability to perform his/her duties as part of a team.
- Ability to identify strengths/weaknesses, proposing solutions for the improvement of the services provided.
- Ability to provide training. Familiarity with creative methodologies will be considered.
- Teaching Skills.
- Culturally sensitive, respectful attitude and collaborative approach to diversity
- Emotional management.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (spoken, reading and writing).
- Microsoft Office package (especially Word, Excel and Outlook).
Salary scales of Médicos del Mundo in the oPt will be applicable to this position.
People interested in the position must send their resume or CV with 2 references in English to [email protected] before August 22, 2019 indicating in the subject: Psychologist – Gaza
Applications that fail to abide by the Submission guidelines will not be considered.
MdM Spain will contact only pre-selected candidates by email. Applications unanswered within 15 days after deadline must be considered dismissed.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Médicos del Mundo promotes equal opportunities. No candidate with a valid profile will be excluded because of a functional diversity or for whatever birth, ethnicity, religion, age or gender reasons.