Gaza Community Mental Health Programme (GCMHP) is a non-governmental and non-profit organization, that provides mental health services, designs and implements training programs for mental health professionals, conducts research studies that serve the community, and works with a wide range of beneficiaries including: children, families and victims of human rights violations.
GCMHP is seeking a qualified Psychologist to work under the project "Supporting children and their families in the Gaza Strip deal with the current challenges and enhancing hope for a better future", funded by Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
Contract Type: Project – full time
Contract Duration: 7 Months – (3 months probationary period).
- Conducting clinical interviews and diagnoses of cases.
- Conducting individual or group therapeutic sessions as well as the follow-up sessions.
- Performing psychological tests as needed.
- Providing appropriate psychological interventions.
- Participation in regular meetings and developing related work plans.
- Conducing community mental health and psycho-education activities as needed.
- Participation in preparing and implementing awareness raising and psycho-education programs as planned.
- Submitting regular progress reports as requested by the line manager and the project management.
- Performing any other tasks requested by the line manager and the project management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Potential candidates must meet the following conditions:
- Bachelor degree in psychology or counseling from an accredited university, in addition to the High Diploma in Community Mental Health from GCMHP or a Master degree in community mental health or counseling from an accredited university.
- Two years of proven experience working with NGOs in the field of psychotherapy and specialized mental health services. Previous experience with GCMHP is a plus.
- Fluency in English language including reading, writing and conversation.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work with a team and under pressure.
- Ability to work in the field inside the Gaza Strip according the work requirements.
- Writing reports and success stories in both Arabic and English.
Interested candidates are welcome to complete applications obtained form at the Administrative Affairs and Human Resources Unit, GCMHP headquarter, and attach a personal photo, CV and motivation letter, and hand them over to the following address: GCMHP-Administrative Affairs and Human Resources Unit, El Remal-El Rasheed St., in front of the Gaza Municipality Beach Club. Gaza, Tel: 2641512.
Deadline for submitting applications: December 19, 2018 no later than 12:00 noon. No applications will be accepted after this date and time. Only candidates meeting the above qualifications will be shortlisted.
Administrative Affairs and Human Resources Unit-GCMHP