Baitona for Community Development Association is a non-profit, established on May 2003, Its nongovernmental, non-profit, which is independent of any party affiliation or political or sectarian Development Association.
Association is for the Promotion of Women and Children and young people's , older and people with disabilities in Palestinian society through the provision of Training and rehabilitation, education, empowerment and participation in sustainable development opportunities to enable them in the community and to improve The quality of their lives under the enabling environment that respects human rights and is characterized by justice and equality, and focus Assembly services in the Gaza and the northern Gaza Strip.
Therefore a partnership agreement with Handicap International, runs projects under its operating name “Humanity & Inclusion” (HI),was developed in order to implement the project entitled “Addressing urgent injury care and rehabilitation needs of the causalities of border clashes (March of Return) in the Gaza Strip”, funded by center de crisis CDC- France and United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs OCHA under the Trust Fund For Disaster Relief (sub-account for the oPt Humanitarian Fund). The project aims at mitigating the outset of physical disabilities due to injuries as a result of the March of Return demonstrations through provision of critical and lifesaving injury care and multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services for children and adults in order to maintain and/or develop best functional abilities possible and consecutive inclusion in family and community life.
BAITONA is currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Psychologist (PSS)
Duty Station/ Location: North Gaza Governorate.
Duration: 5 months, with possibility of extension upon availability of fund.
Starting Date: 5th August, 2018
Under the supervision of BAITONA Project Coordinator, the Psychologist will work in BAITONA in order to provide psychological support services, and follow up visits to persons with injuries (PwIs) and fulfill the following responsibilities :
- Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Be present at BAITONA to assess mental functions, emotional status and social development of Persons with Injuries PwIs, to determine the level and the type of cognition, perception and behavior deficiency as well as the strength and capacities, to assess their social environment and their social interactions.
- Design individual and group psychological support sessions and / or interventions that would contribute to the evolving capacities of PwIs to the realization of the dignified life of them.
- Conduct home visit PwIs to assess the needs and provide support to those who have registered their need for assessment and support purposes.
- Coordinate the other outreach team members in setting up the intervention / therapy plan for the PwIs, and other vulnerable groups in a multidisciplinary approach.
- Coordinate with groups of PwIs and facilitate their implementation to psychological support peer to peer sessions.
- Participate in the technical trainings that HI will conduct in order to improve the team members’ intervention quality with PwIs.
- Respect and implement the quality criteria system that will be trained on by HI during working with PwIs.
- Report to BAITONA using the agreed monitoring tools and reports forms on daily/weekly/monthly and quarterly basis.
- University degree in psychology, with at least 4 years of work experience.
- Proven advanced knowledge and experience in implementing psychosocial support services at community level, preferably with PwDs and PwIs.
- Ability to contribute and work within a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Open and flexible.
- Experience in training, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong command of English and Arabic languages (both written and spoken).
- Computer skills (Word, PowerPoint…).
Interested candidates may submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) by hand to the organization- secretary department, the address here:
Al Bahar St., Opposite to Al 17 Campus, Jabalia, Northern Governorate, Gaza Strip, Palestine.
TelFax: (+972 8) 2855999
Mobile: (+972 59) 9522915
E-mail: [email protected]
Web Site: www.baitona.ps
No later than Wednesday 1st August, 2018
Baitona working days from Saturday – Thursday (08:00 – 02:00)
BAITONA and HI are equal opportunity employers and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities PwDs.
Only applicants live in North Gaza are eligible to apply.
Recently, HI in collaboration with its partners delivered a training course on Emergency Preparedness and Humanitarian Response for 250 selected volunteers, of those in particular are highly welcome to apply.