International Medical Corps is working to relieve the suffering of those impacted by war, natural disaster and disease by delivering vital health care services that focus on training, helping devastated populations return to self-reliance. IMC has been working in Gaza since 2009 and is currently implementing a project to support health service provision in partnership with local NGOs.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
International Medical corps is currently looking for: PSS Counselor (1).
Capacity: Full Time Contract
Desired Start Date: September 2021
End date: 30th November 2021
Location: Gaza City.
Reports to MHPSS Manager and/or PSS Officer
- Understand and identify the psychosocial needs of patients.
- Carry out Brief Individual and Group PSS Counseling sessions to patients to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties/distress within the project scope.
- Refer patients to other specialists or other institutions for further appropriate assistance, when necessary, to propose the best support available.
- Permanent preserving patient confidentiality, according to IMC Policy and Guidelines.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for PSS counseling and psychoeducational activities.
- Implementing MHPSS awareness Sessions when it is required.
- Ensure reporting about activities and proper data collection to the line manager, keep files and statistics of daily activities, and participate in team meetings.
- Regularly participate in supervision sessions implemented by the IMC Gaza MHPSS Manager.
- Do any other task/activity required by the IMC Gaza MHPSS Manager and/or PSS Officer.
- Ensure compliance with IMC policies and procedures, donor regulations and local laws.
- Stick to IMC MHPSS Standards and Regulations.
- Working Relationships
- Proactively engage with your supervisor, and key staff.
- Proactively engage on a regular basis with your supervisors/Line Managers, to seek advice where needed.
- Represent IMC in a positive and professional manner to contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of IMC’s mandate, ethics, values, and standpoint regarding other actors
- Ensure the application of, and compliance with, IMC security protocols and policies of you.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Skills:
- The qualified candidate will be a mental health professional (psychologist, psychotherapist, social worker, psychiatrist or related MHPSS background)
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in MHPSS projects in humanitarian settings.
- Show evidence of your ability to work in a participatory manner with staff to assess needs, implement and monitor activities to include problem-solving skills, with an analytical approach.
- Legal License of Psychologist, Psych. Counselor, Mental Health Professional, is an asset.
- Ability to work effectively independently and under pressure.
- Experience working with NGOs, working with INGOs is preferable.
- Good level of English.
- Good know-how with Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Honest, hardworking and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within different cultural environments
المسمى الوظيفي PSS Counselor
آخر موعد للتقديم 28 - Aug - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 2 Years
Interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to fill the application in the link below no later than August 28, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة International Medical Corps IMC
Inter-organizational Relationship Consultant
GBV Case Manager Supervisor
Child Protection Case Manager Supervisor
Child Protection Case Manager
Child Protection Counselor
Disaster Risk Reduction Specialist/Manager