Protection & Orphans Welfare Projects Manager
CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender. SIF Palestine Mission was established in 2008 and since then, it has set up many concrete activities in order to help in a large scale and developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Protection & Orphans Welfare Projects Manager is under the supervision of Programs Manager, responsible for the correct implementation of all protection projects and participates and elaborates of all winning proposals as well as having the responsibility of the protection team under him/her. He/she will be responsible for:
Need assessment and proposal writing
- Elaborate appropriate questionnaires; identify needs for the different Projects.
- Responsible to analyze and evaluate the data collected by the team in order to articulate adequate proposals.
- Assist in completing the need assessment for the strategy;
- Draft Logical framework, project organigram chart, chronogram and proposal for new projects.
- Participate to the elaboration of the project budgets.
- Participate to the elaboration of the Country Strategy according to her / his sector of intervention under the guidance of the MEAL & Programs Coordinator and the Head of Mission.
Supervision of the implementation of projects activities
- Supervision the smooth implementation of all protection projects activities that defined by the MEAL & Programs Coordinator.
- Conduction of field visits to monitor the progress in implementation of activities and to give appropriate directions to the field team.
- Plan activities according to the expected progress of the project.
- Close monitoring of the key phases of the projects (opening, modifications, evaluations, closure).
- Establish and strengthen local partnerships to enhance visibility of projects activities.
- Coordinate activities and sensitize local partners in the field: organize and participate in review meetings with partners, follow the partnership outputs in order to capitalize the lessons learnt and contribute to the elaboration of new strategies.
- Maintain regular and substantial contact with relevant national and international NGOs and represent SIF in the Protection Cluster.
- Conduct the coordination meetings and working groups in absence of MEAL & Programs Coordinator.
Projects team management
- Participate to the recruitment of the newly employees.
- Plan and organize the team work of the team.
- Capacity building of the team if needed.
- Proposing trainings and workshops.
- Evaluations of the team on a regular base.
Monitoring and evaluation of the projects
- Ensure the implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of SIF’s protection projects under the guidance of the MEAL & Programs Coordinator;
- Assure a good internal follow-up of the projects in accordance with the project cycle, logical framework, timeframe, reporting and the general objectives already fixed.
- Evaluate and up-date project needs (HR, financing, logistics), following the directions of the MEAL & Programs Coordinator.
Reporting, project analysis and reorientation
- Ensure on time reporting to the MEAL & Programs Coordinator;
- Assure that his/her hierarchical link is fully aware of eventual changes or/and other important facts about the project.
- Prepare institutional donors reports under the supervision of the MEAL & Programs Coordinator.
- Analyze and build on past experiences in order to share the lessons learnt.
- Propose new directions for the project.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor degree in international cooperation, humanitarian action or social sciences or related field and equivalent work experience;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in INGO and working with national partner organizations;
- Solid experience of minimum 3 years in Child Protection in humanitarian settings;
- Familiarity with the Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action and other fundamental documents related to the CP sector;
- Well-skilled in project cycle management and logical framework methodology;
- Experience of conducting and managing research and data analysis;
- Ability to write clear, well founded and substantiated project reports and assessments in English;
- Proven financial management skills;
- Good command of procurement procedures and practice;
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English & Arabic;
- Flexibility and capacity to work effectively beyond working hours;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and supervisory skills;
- Commitment and punctuality;
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, internet and e-mail).
Humble and flexible, capacity to prioritize, sense of responsibilities and coordination skills, very good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach and strong humanitarian motivation.
- Location: Gaza Strip
- Duration: 1 year (renewable)
- Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
- Protection & Orphans Welfare Projects Manager: (RE :Ref # 2021/04/POWPM)
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Their CV;
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above);
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent not later than 02:00 p.m. on 13th September 2021 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be shortlisted.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer
SIF commits to respect the “Do no harm” humanitarian principle and ensure child safety is paramount in all its activities. SIF implements a Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) at headquarters and in every mission. We do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with vulnerable people, in particular with children join our organization.
This position is subject to a range of vetting checks including criminal records disclosure and reference checks. We have zero tolerance for harmful practices and will take any allegation or report of child abuse very seriously.