Summary of Key Functions and Responsibilities
The scope of the Protection Officer main responsibilities are: to assure the high-quality implementation and consistency of the implementation of GVC Protection Approach at field level
- Provides technical support and assistance to projects teams in surveys designing, planning, implementation, quality reporting based on technical instructions from the Project Manager, the Area Manager and the Sector Coordinators.
- Support, mainstream and assure consistency of the implementation of GVC Community-based Protection Approach in all targeted communities and implementation of related activities (focus group discussions, public meetings, data collection, interviews)
- Elaborating , in collaboration with the Social Coordinators and Data Analysts, the specific Work Plans of GVC Community-based Protection Approach, and assure their timely accomplishment
- Follow up of the Early Warning and Response (EWR) and the Community Eyes Watch, proper collection, handling, archiving of the data and documentation, data analysis and support for all monitoring and elaboration of the related indicators.
- Support the Social Team and Data Analysts in the monitoring of the issuing of Stop Working Orders and Demolition Orders in all communities targeted by GVC actions, and of their timely reporting to the Area Manager following GVC internal procedures.
- Systematize and elaborate synergies between the data collection methodologies and the GVC database.
- Performs other related tasks as required.
Technical monitoring and supervision of the GVC Community-based Protection Approach (CPA) in Tubas Office.
Field data collection and analysis
Protection Response Plan
Community Response Plan
Development of CPA tools
- Technical review of the Protection Tools produced by other Partners
Review of Protection Community Profiles, Protection Responses Plans, Narrative analysis etc.
Provide Technical support to Partners to improve the Protection analysis
Link Internal Protection Analysis with other Protection Guidelines / Standards
- Protection data Review and analysis
In close collaboration with the Advocacy and Policy department, produce Protection data analysis reflecting the Coercive environment impact on the communities, the changes occurred following the Intervention etc.
Coordination with relevant stakeholders
Design of Procedures of data collection / data cleaning
Management and Admin Tasks:
- Proper filing of all related activities documents
- Works closely with the partners and communities at the field level
- Participates in the plan and design of the activities with other project staff and project partners of the project and implementation plans
- Communicates effectively with the GVC project team members, other staff of GVC and the capacity building coordinator, through sharing information and discussing relevant concerns.
- Assists in the Coordination of visits and meetings at the field level in coordination with other projects teams.
- Actively participates in staff meetings and other ad-hoc meetings or workshops as requested by the Projects Managers, Area Manager and Sector Coordinators.
- Ensures that all necessary logistics and administrative issues are completed based on GVC procedures and policies.
- Follows up and ensures submission of reports in a timely manner, of his/her own supervised activities and from partners according the GVC existing reporting procedures.
- Plan, elaborate and ensure proper analysis of data collected, under the supervision of the Field Coordinator and in coordination with the Information Manager.
- Submit bi-weekly reports.
Other Issues :
- Conducts needs assessments in coordination under the supervision of the Area Manager when required and requested
- Keeps updated and familiar with community situations.
- Assess and monitors on other NGOs interventions to avoid overlapping.
- Assists the GVC team in any other tasks and duties requested, and approved by the direct supervisor and/or the Sector Coordinators.
Institutional Outputs Responsibilities:
- Monthly Report
- Individual Action Plan
- Minutes of meetings
- Final Report on Protection Methodology implementation
- Protection Community Profiles
- Protection Vulnerability Index (in consultation with Emergency Coordinator)
- Timely deliverables according to Individual Action Plans
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- 4 years of experience in the field of protection, social work, and social protection/ or in relevant emergency programs
- Familiarity with data collection (qualitative and quantitative data), analysis and reporting
- A degree on International humanitarian law, or social development,
- Fluency in English
- Residency in North of West Bank (preferable)
- Driving license
- Task management skills
Interested candidates should send their CV to: