The ICRC is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. It takes action in response to emergencies and at the same time promotes respect for international humanitarian law and its implementation in national law.
ICRC is looking for a motivated and committed candidate who will bring creative and different ideas, dedication and energy to join our team in Nablus Office.
Position: Protection Field Officer 2
Contract duration: 12 months (including 3 months' probationary period)
Occupation rate: 100%
Starting Date: As soon as possible
- Continuously monitors the security, socio-economic and political situation in in his/her Area of Responsibility (AoR)
- Analyses the humanitarian environment and the needs as relevant to the ICRC
- Identifies and flags incidents affecting the civilian population in his/her Area of Responsibility (AoR), arranges interviews with victims/witnesses and timely reports the cases
- Contributes to designing, implementing, and following up on field activities and projects in Northern West Bank
- Collects, compiles, translates/interprets information relevant to ICRC activities and contributes to written reporting
- Contributes to the preparation of, participates in, and reports on internal and external meetings
- Develops contacts and maintaining good relationships with the population, municipal/regional authorities, political leaders, actors of influence, local/regional Red Cross/Red Crescent Society branches and other organisations as appropriate
- The position is based in Nablus office and will mainly cover Nablus district, with expectation to occasionally work in support to different ICRC offices in Israel and the Occupied Territories delegation according to operational needs.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Post requirements and assets:
- University degree.
- Fluent level of spoken and written English is required. Hebrew is an asset.
- 2 years of relevant work experience. Previous experience as field officer in a similar role is desirable.
- Good geographical knowledge of the Northern West Bank, Nablus district in particular.
- Good analytical and writing skills.
- Capacity to work in autonomy, prioritize workload, and be mobility-ready.
- Computer literacy.
- Data analysis and visualization (including maps) skills are a strong asset.
- Valid driving license for manual car.
Interested applicants must submit in English a CV, a motivation letter, copy of educational and work certificates, by 04 November 2023 latest, to [email protected], indicating in the subject line: Protection Field Officer_Application_Your name. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.