Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Jerusalem office a
Protection and Gender Manager
For a period of initial 12 months, with possibility of extension
The Protection and Gender Manager will work as part of the Action Against Hunger oPt Mission to further incorporate and develop protection approaches, protection and gender mainstreaming within current and future programming. These approaches should be adapted to the protection risks identified within Protracted Protection Crisis in oPt and to its diversified population. Priority projects and sub-thematic for the year will be established with the Deputy Country Director (DCD) and in collaboration with the two field offices.
Objective 1. Support Action Against Hunger team in integrating and mainstreaming protection and gender across its current programming and new proposals tailored to the organization mandate and capacities in oPt.
- Monitor the context, the protection and gender related topics in the oPt as well as main stakeholders’ strategies and operational approaches. Draft related briefing notes to the DCD and the management team as relevant.
- Develop and keep up to date with the field teams a Protection and Gender Risks Analysis (for each base of per program as relevant); develop tools and approaches to mitigate or monitor identified risks as necessary.
- Support the implementation of current programs in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank especially the one identified as priority for having a Protection component adapting support to field teams’ needs and capacities. This imply but is not limited to: (co-)develop Standards Operating Procedures; (co-)develop assessment ToR and tools; review and advice on selection methodology; review gender related material for training and coaching components.
- Support key staff appointed to follow Protection related issues or with Protection related programming in translating program and strategic objectives into outputs and actions
- Identify opportunities to reinforce protection and gender mainstreaming through field visits; discussion with field teams and review of programmatic approaches of Action Against Hunger and its partners.
- Support the MEAL and Technical team in ensuring protection and gender mainstreaming in their M&E and data management work by proposing indicators, reviewing data collection tools and data analysis approaches. Encourage good practices and monitor their implementation.
- Support new project design and proposal development focusing on key priority programs and/or donors. This may include but is not limited to: organizing project design workshops, review logical frameworks and indicators; drafting sections or full concept notes or proposals if necessary.
- Encourage learning practices and co-develop with the field team institutional knowledge related documentation to ensure documentation of good practices and lesson learned.
Objective 2: Lead protection related capacity building for Action Against Hunger staff and its implementing partners.
- Develop capacity building material adapted to the oPt mission needs and capacities using traditional and non-traditional learning approaches.
- Lead capacity building sessions and encourage practices of learning among field teams.
- Identify and maintain the presence of gender focal points within each of AAH field office; reinforce their capacity and facilitate a small working group with the focal points to encourage initiatives and learning
- Identify opportunities to support Action Against Hunger partners within each of the two geographical area.
- Identify opportunities of learning from Action Against Hunger’s partners and other actors; organize exchanges and training with/by external entity as fit.
Objective 3: Identify and develop new strategic and programmatic opportunities relevant to the oPt context and represent Action Against Hunger in technical for a
- Represent Action Against Hunger in relevant technical fora and external meetings including cluster, consortium and bilateral meetings.
- Support the field teams and DCD in identifying strategic opportunities and new activities/programs relevant to the oPt context.
- Collaborate with the Humanitarian Advocacy and Information Management Coordinator to provide needed information and technical advice to integrate protection considerations in Action Against Hunger Advocacy work.
- Support the development of Action Against Hunger Program Strategy and lead on the Protection components
- Approach local and international actors from the humanitarian and development sector but also outside of it (research institute/human right organizations) to identify opportunities of collaborations and increase Action Against Hunger understanding of the oPt protection crisis
- Provide regular updates to the DCD and the Country Director to inform appropriate decision-making processes; and coordinate closely with relevant staff within the Action Against Hunger Network.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Humanitarian Action or any related field (communications, political science, law, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of the Protection sector and recently developed methodologies and approaches within the humanitarian world.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant areas of international law, especially international humanitarian law and International Human Rights Law.
- Must have strong drafting and verbal communications skills; analytical and operational skills; ability to manage competing deadlines and priorities.
- Strong capacity to transmit and share knowledge and good practices, adapted to interlocutor.
- Previous experience in a similar position and/or in the humanitarian field and humanitarian protection of at least 3 years.
- Previous experience in the full project cycle required including in leading needs assessments and developing new programmatic approaches and activities (standards, toolbox for implementation, selection criteria etc.).
- Previous experience as a Project or Program Manager in the field / in project implementation desirable.
- Qualitative and Quantitative data analysis skills an advantage.
- Good knowledge of the oPt context.
- English: Compulsory working language. Excellent writing skills are required for this position
- Good skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Mobility: The position is based in Jerusalem with frequent visits to the Bases (Gaza and Hebron) to follow up with Base Management and program teams on reporting and proposal development, as well as to conduct capacity-building sessions. The Protection and Gender Manager will also travel to project sites if and when needed.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Applications will be accepted up to and including Sunday the 24th of May 2020.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.