Caritas Jerusalem (CJ) is a humanitarian and development organization that represents the socio-pastoral services of the Catholic Church in the Holy Land. It was founded in 1967 in the aftermath of the Six-Day War. Caritas Jerusalem is a member of Caritas Internationals, a confederation of 165 Caritas organizations operating in more than 200 countries. For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit: www.caritasjr.org
Caritas Jerusalem is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Projects officer
Contract Period: 12 months, with the possibility of extension(s).
Location: Beit Jala
Starting date: No later than 15th August 2021.
The projects officer will be responsible for facilitating the implementation of the projects that promotes food security, livelihoods, and the preservation of the targeted areas in Bethlehem governorate through agriculture and tourism development. The position involves coordination with local actors and conducting the technical tasks related to the project implementation. He/she will assist the Head of Development department in his tasks and report directly to him, keep track of the logical framework, timetables, monitoring, and evaluation of the project to ensure sustainability, efficiency, and effectiveness.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Participate in drafting documents such as raising awareness materials, official communications letters, Term of References, project proposals, questionnaires, RFP’s, tenders, budgets, cash flows, and schedules;
- Ensure the activities under his/her responsibility are running smoothly.
- Write and submit the required reports related to the implemented strategy;
- Coordinate internally with Caritas staff to ensure smooth implementation of activities planned;
- Coordinate externally with beneficiaries, local stakeholders, and consultancy services;
- Follow up on the scheduled activities, i.e. training, coaching, workshops, meetings, etc.
- Ensure timely data collection and filing of necessary documents related to M&E plan;
- Ensure proper archiving of all documents produced for the project(s).
- Conduct random field visits to oversee the implementation of activities and follow up when needed.
- Perform other duties as may be requested by the head of the Development department.
Required education and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Agronomy, Development, Engineering, or other related fields.
- Very good knowledge in Project Cycle Management, economic development, and rural development.
- At least 2 years of experience in humanitarian or development programming; preferable in Food Security and Livelihoods, tourism development, socio-economic development, small business establishment, and value chain projects.
- Proficient computer operating skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Project Management software, email, internet, and spreadsheets.
- High-level communication, social, and networking skills.
- Confidential handling of data and information.
- Willingness and skills to work as a team member.
- Commitment to CJ Code of Conduct and Safeguarding ethics and policies.
- Willingness to work in different Caritas Jerusalem premises.
- Great attention to detail and a result-driven approach.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in complex environments with challenges.
- Analytical thinking skills and ability to influence others.
- Excellent Arabic and English skills in speaking, reading, and writing.
- Candidates must have a valid driving license.
- Preference will be given to Bethlehem area residents.
- Adhere to Caritas Jerusalem’s mission and core values.
- Maintain a positive teamwork attitude.
- Eager to learn and adapt.
- Proactive and innovative.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized in work.
How to apply:
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are requested to send their cover letter and CVs by email to [email protected] and Carbon Copy (CC) to [email protected] by no later than 4:00 pm, July 30th , 2021, and applicants should indicate the position title within the subject line of the email.
candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements will be short-listed and invited to a job interview.