Palestinian Information Technology Association of Companies – PITA is the voice of the ICT sector in Palestine. It has more than 150 member companies working in different ICT sectors such as software and outsourcing sector, hardware sector, training and consultancy sector, Internet and telecommunications sectors.
PITA is the reference and representative association of private ICT sector. PITA was founded in 1999 by a group of Palestinian entrepreneurs as a non-profit organization to advance the interests and positive societal impact of Palestine’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector. A new generation of forward thinking entrepreneurs with a heritage that takes them back thousands of years in history is bringing together profound change to the technology and startup landscape. Having the vision towards “A nation nurturing innovation and contributing to world knowledge” and the mission “To lead the ICT sector towards an innovation-based economy”.
PITA is looking for a qualified Projects Officer to join its working team in Gaza Strip office according to the below competencies.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work Under the direct supervision and reporting to the Gaza Regional Manager.
- Execute projects plans and coordinate grants activities in Gaza.
- Daily follow-up of implemented activities.
- Coordinate activities and provide proper and effective business communication with donors, partners, members, non-members and PITA committees.
- Monitor progress with ongoing tracking of projects milestones and deliverables indicators/KPIs.
- Ensure accomplishing required projects objectives within the agreed constraints such as time, cost and agreed quality standards.
- Conduct M&E surveys and collect statistic related to the IT sectors and members assessments with recommendations to maximize the impact and effectiveness of the designed programs and expand membership base and networks.
- Assist in preparing new concept notes and proposals in alignment to the organizational strategy.
- Develop online and offline material to market PITA’s projects, activities and accomplishments on PITA's portal and other networks.
- Ensure that all projects are successfully completed and properly closed-out & prepare, consolidate and deliver projects reports.
University degree in business administration or relevant fields.
At least 3 years’ experience in projects administration and fundraising.
Excellent written and spoken Arabic and English is a must.
Strong Proposal writing skills.
Strong background and knowledge of the ICT sector.
Strong experience of effective business communication and presentation skills.
Knowledge and experience in project management lifecycles and processes.
Flexibility, working under pressure and ability to multi task.
Ability to conduct Research, Analysis and produce ICT sector specific reports.
Proficient in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Google Docs.
An understanding of and commitment to PITA’s mission and values.
Qualified candidates should send their CVs and cover letter to the following email [email protected] before 27th of March 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.