Caritas Jerusalem (CJ) is a humanitarian and development organization representing the Catholic Church's socio-pastoral services in the Holy Land. It was founded in 1967 in the aftermath of the Six-Day War. Caritas Jerusalem is a member of Caritas Internationalis, a confederation of 165 Caritas organizations operating in more than 200 countries. For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit: www.caritasjr.org
Caritas Jerusalem is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Projects Manager
Contract Period: 12 months, with the possibility of extension(s).
Location: Gaza Strip
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with project beneficiaries through regular visits, continuous follow-up, technical support, and representation
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports on project achievements and the project activities, in addition to partners' narrative reports requirements.
- Supports the monitoring and implementation of the plans.
- Follow up on proper data entry for data related to the health center and all projects.
- Coordinate and oversee the overall implementation of the project's processes
- Overall development and oversight of project work plans based on expected program outputs and results.
- Liaise and consult with the clusters, acting as the main representative for CJ.
- Manage partnerships with local CBOs, local ministries and municipalities, and civil society organizations.
- Ensure sound administrative practices with regards to record-keeping, compliance with CJ and donors’ regulations and requirements.
- Closely supervise all projects schedules, monitor deadlines for each project task and check regularly that every deadline is still possible, and report any potential delays.
- Responsible for day-to-day project correspondence, information sharing, appropriate follow-up, and assisting in preparing evaluation reports.
- Actively participate in regular project-related meetings with the team.
- Ensure that all confidentiality and the right of privacy is maintained regarding confidential beneficiary and project information.
- Manage a diverse portfolio of projects on the field
- Draft project and program documents and proposals, including log-frames, work plans, and budgets
- Monitor and evaluate projects implementation
- Supervise a team of project coordinators in the Gaza Strip.
- Attend local and international meetings relevant to the organization’s work.
- Assure that project’s implementation is done in line with the overall organization’s strategy.
- Follow up and ensure the projects team's development and achievement.
- Work directly with Admin Officer in Gaza Strip in order to plan, implement, and execute projects effectively.
- Report to Admin Officer in Gaza Strip on progress, status, and challenges of running projects and programs.
- Coach and mentor coordinators, project teams, and stakeholders on adopting best project management tools according to Caritas Jerusalem Standards.
- Coordinate activities with Caritas Jerusalem international and local partners in organizing and participating in review meetings with partners, follow the partnership outputs to capitalize the lessons learned and contribute to the elaboration of new strategies.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required education and competencies:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- At least 7 years of experience in humanitarian or development programming, preferable in a healthcare
- Proficient computer operating skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Project Management software, email, internet, and spreadsheets.
- High-level communication, social, and networking skills.
- Confidential handling of data and information.
- Willingness and skills to work as a team member.
- Great attention to detail and a result-driven approach.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in complex environments with challenges.
- Analytical thinking skills and ability to influence others.
- Excellent Arabic and English skills in speaking, reading, and writing.
- Commitment to CJ Code of Conduct and Safeguarding ethics and policies.
- Adhere to Caritas Jerusalem’s mission and core values.
- Eager to learn and adapt.
- Proactive and innovative.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized in work.
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are requested to send their cover letter and CVs by email to [email protected]and Carbon Copy (CC) to [email protected], [email protected] by no later than 4:00 pm, 11th of November 2021. Please indicate the position title within the subject line of the email.
Please note that candidates who meet the requirements mentioned above will be short-listed and invited to a job interview.