The projects department manager will be responsible for managing, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of all projects and grants implemented by APLA. This includes managing activities related to the preparation, implementation, operational activities, supporting the projects’ unit staff through a variety of tasks related to organization management and communication, including reporting the donors. In addition, she/he will support the development of APLA's international relations, and the updates of APLA’s strategic and action plans.
Founded in 1997, APLA is an independent organization mandated to represent and lobby for the collective interests of Local Government Units (LGUs) by supporting capacity building among local governments, facilitating exchange of knowledge and best practices, and serving as vehicle for dialogue between the central government and LGUs.
APLA is implementing the project (APLA’s Multiannual Action Plan (MAAP) 2021-2025), this project has been designed to strengthen LGUs collaborations on service delivery and local participatory development, and improve contributions to territorial integration, particularly in Area C, specific objectives of MAAP are aligned to APLA’s strategic plan and aims to support the role of APLA as LGUs representative and dialogue partner with the Palestinian Authority, in order to support the role of the LGUs in the building process of future State of Palestine. MAAP is largely funded by the EU, with contribution form other partners. In addition, APLA is implementing various projects related to the LGU sector, and the SDGs.
Accordingly, APLA is looking forward to hiring a projects department manager to fulfill the following tasks:
Key Responsibilities The projects’ department manager will be responsible of:
1. Ensure that all projects’ activities are taking place on time and in accordance with the budget and work plan whilst maximizing the benefit of the projects for APLA, LGUs & local communities.
2. Organize and manage the overall projects that are planned, implemented, concluded, and reported by APLA.
3. Assume primary responsibility for day-to-day projects’ operation at APLA, and provide effective leadership to projects’ design, planning, and implementation.
4. Oversee the technical work of APLA’ projects, and monitor and track assignments progress.
5. Submit periodic reports and contribute to project proposals, donor reports, and strategic plans.
6. Develop projects’ annual action plans, update log frames and annual budgets.
7. Facilitate field level activities e.g., initiatives, sessions, trainings…etc. in coordination with LGUs & Village councils (VCs) especially in area C.
8. Conduct regular monitoring visits to Area C and ensure all activities implemented, monitored & documented.
9. Ensure coordination with LGUs sub granted, participate in all projects’ meetings, prepare for the meetings of the steering committee(s) of the project(s), keep minutes and follow up the implementation of actions as required.
10. Endure coordination with TSU manager at APLA, to fulfill the role of technical support for LGUs through the MAAP project and other projects.
11. Support the procurement processes & ensure proper financial process in all procurements related to the projects are adhering to doner and/or APLA’s financial policies and procedures.
12. Ensure compliance with the monitoring, evaluation and learning framework, risk management matrix and doner guidelines.
13. Liaise with the Communication Unit at APLA to ensure the visibility of projects’ work.
14. Support the expansion of APLA’s international network and partnerships.
15. Develop and update partners’ data base according to their strategic directions and priorities of interventions.
16. Provide support to LGUs in developing their projects’ proposals and fundraising efforts.
17. Provide regular updates to APLA’s members and partners regarding the APLA’s projects and activities.
18. Design and develop proposals for APLA’s projects and seek funding opportunities.
19. In coordination with the Financial Unit at APLA, forecast requirements, schedule expenditures, and analyse variances
20. Conduct any other task as requested by the Executive Director.
The projects department manager will work in APLA’s office in Ramallah, to provide effective and efficient management of all project in APLA -MAAP project in particular-.
The projects department manager will report on a day-to-day basis to the Executive Director of APLA.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
• Minimum a Bachelor degree in engineering, project management, urban planning, development, public management, or any other related field.
• At least 10 years working experience in Project Management.
• Experience in local government sector, SDGs and donor funded projects is a must.
• Excellent knowledge of Ms. Office (word, excel, power point, outlook, good background in archiving).
• Proved good experience in Project Cycle Management.
• Attention to details, excellent organizational & planning skills, and staff management skills.
• Fluent in both Arabic and English.
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
• Excellent skills in planning, monitoring, results-based reports.
• Proven experience in projects management in Local governance sector and donor funded projects.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to conduct multi-tasks and prioritize work.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
Application Instructions Qualified candidates should send the most recent resume, including three professional references, and a cover letter detailing their interest for this position to the email address: [email protected] , indicating the position title (Projects department Manager) in the email subject line.
Deadline for submitting resumes with cover letters: Wednesday, 25.10.2023.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
“APLA is an equal opportunities employer”