The Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD) is a Palestinian grassroots non-governmental organization working since 1981 with and for Palestinian women marginalized by the Israeli occupation and Palestinian patriarchal society. PWWSD is currently seeking to improve the mental health of Palestinian women through psychosocial services including group and individual counselling and to provide women with the resources they need to combat gender-based violence, empower themselves politically, economically and socially, and transform their society to on that is inclusive, egalitarian and democratic. PWWSD takes a gender-responsive, rights-based approach, particularly regarding international human rights.
PWWSD, in partnership with Education for Employment-Palestine (EFE-Palestine) and Association of Women’s Action for Training and Rehabilitation (AOWA), is implementing project ”Breaking Discriminatory Norms to Promote Women’s Inclusion in the Economy” during the period August 2020 –August 2022. To this end, partner organizations will work jointly to support Palestinian women, especially those affected by COVID-19, by challenging harmful societal norms related to women’s work inside and outside the household, where women take a double responsibility for unpaid care work and paid labor in some cases. According to UN Policy Brief on 9 April 2020, one in two women reported increased participation in unpaid care work (including caring for children out-of-school and elderly), while their male counterparts participated outside the household in other community and political organizations supporting the response to COVID-19. Accordingly, the project partners will work on contributing to transforming social attitudes and promoting shared household responsibilities and encouraging women to enter all different occupations, provided that jobs are decent and eliminate horizontal and vertical occupational segregation. This will be done through different innovative and youth led approaches, including utilization of media, awareness, advocacy and policy dialogue interventions, while ensuring engaging communities, employers and policy makers.
To this end, PWWSD is recruiting a Projects Coordinator who will manage the project different interventions and lead on partnerships to ensure acheving teh project results and impact. This will include following up on the implementation of the project workplans, budgets, monitoring of M&E tools and interventions, while ensuring close coordination with relevant partners, in West Bank and Gaza Strip, and full enegagement of youth and different beneficiaries. The coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the achievement of high quality and timely results, adhering to the different gender equality tools and decent work principals. The projects coordinator will directly report to PWWSD’s Programme Manager.
This project is implemented within the framework of the regional 4-year joint programme (JP) “Promoting Productive Employment and Decent Work For Women” in Palestine, Jordan and Egypt” that is implemented jointly by UN Women and ILO, funded by Sweden. The JP aims to promote productive employment and decent work for women in Palestine by promoting equitable laws and policies, engaging public, private and community actors, and reducing the uneven burden of unpaid care and domestic work.
- Ensure timely and duly management of the projects and implementation of all activities listed in the project implementation plan in accordance with the rules and regulations of PWWSD, and in accordance with agreed monitoring and evaluation guidelines as stipulated in the agreement with UN Women.
- Ensure that the projects are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards.
- Develop TORs and procure services to conduct work on specific activities (including radio and TV stations), and objectives set forth in the implementaiton plans in accordance with PWWSD’s procurement guidlelines.
- Establish and maintain partnerships and/or coordination with key stakeholders.
- Coordinate the financial transcations in full coordination with the accounting department, including ensuring all supporting documents are maintained and an orderly filing system is in place.
- Ensure proper, professional, documented and clear communication with the project team and partners of all aspects of the project activities.
- Support the development of monitoring and evaluation tools and conduct regular field visits.
- Draft regular narrative progress reports in line with guidelines stipulated in the agreements with the donors. Ensure that the reports follow a results-based approach.
- Coordinate with Programme Manager to ensure liasing with UN Women throughout the project cycle, informing UN Women on progress and obstacles in the implementation and provide necessary documentation upon request.
- Organize and conduct workshops and meetings with stakeholders, and participate, document and coordinate results/outcomes of the Steering Commmitee Meetings.
- Coordinate and participate in advocacy and policy dialogues with project partners and key projects participants on issues included in projects’ campaigning and advocacy plans.
- Perform tasks that deemed necessary to achieve the projects objectives according to the request of the Programme Manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Experience and Educational Background
- Undergarduate or graduate degree in planning, business administration, public administration, gender and development, or related social sciences.
- Minimum 3 years experience managing development projects and programs, especially funded by UN and Inernational Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Proven ability to coordinate and manage complex project work, with focus on empowerment of women and/or human rights.
- Experience in report writing, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Excellent Arabic and English language skills (written and spoken).
- Proven ability to collaborate well and to deliver work in a timely manner.
- Work experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and knowledge management.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and presentation in Arabic and English.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Mircrosoft Office and online applications).
- Highly committed, able to work under pressure, adapt to new situations, and meet deadlines.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and CV to [email protected], with the position title in the subject line no later than Thursday 29.8.2020.