Position Title: Projects’ Coordinator.
Position Ref #: SHS_2020_PC
Position Type: Full Time
Duration: 7 months- with possible extension
Stars of Hope Society (SHS) Located in Ramallah, a non-profit association, registered by the Palestinian Authority, and founded in 2006 under the charitable Association and civil Bodies with license number RA-22493-C.
Stars of Hope Society is a lead organization for women with all types of disabilities in Palestine. It is a woman-centered organization, which works on a collective model. Women with disabilities run our organization, to help and empower other women with disabilities. It is the only organization of its kind in Palestine and one of a very small number internationally.
The SHS is seeking a qualified, experienced, results-oriented candidate for the following position:
Projects Coordinator (7 Months contract with possible extension)
SHS is seeking an experienced Projects Coordinator to coordinate and organize of numerous activities and supervise the implementation of different projects of SHS, both in West Bank and Gaza through which SHS aims to enhance the participation and inclusion of women with disabilities (WwDs) in Palestine. The projects generally seek to influence the decision and policy makers through implementing different advocacy interventions and building the capacities of WwDs and different stakeholders around disabilities rights, advocacy, lobbying and disability mainstreaming.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Follow up and ensure the timely implementation of different activities per the approved action plans and related projects’ documents.
- Provide quality control during the implementation of projects to ensure compliance with SHS and donor’s requirements and conduct meetings and site visits as needed.
- Ensure the successful implementation of the projects through preparing projects implementation plan
- Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, monitoring & evaluation, resources, budgeting, risks and issues.
- Assist in preparing project narrative progress and final reports.
- Undertake field coordination with the target groups committed to the successful implementation of the overall project activities.
- Assist in drafting proposals based on team meetings and discussions.
- Draft projects’ documents including policy papers, project design and implementation, ToRs, indicators, procurement plans, progress reports and proposals and ensure proper delivery of technical services and submission of technical and other reports.
- Participate in meetings, workshops, missions and other activities related to the implemented projects.
- Coordinate with SHS divisions related to program implementation issues such as, reporting, capacity building, and other cross cutting issues.
- Carry out activities according to the needs to provide technical and logistical assistance for the beneficiaries to provide consultations to tackle any problems if any.
- Cooperate with Financial department particularly in procurement and bids procedures.
- Implement any other tasks as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications, Competencies and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor or Master degree in planning, business administration, public administration, social studies or relevant fields.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in working with development projects and programs, especially funded by UN organizations.
- Preferable, previous relevant experience in working with People with Disability (PwDs).
- Excellent English language skills (written and spoken).
- Demonstrated leadership and strong management skills, experience managing multidisciplinary development programs and budgets.
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close.
- Work experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) and knowledge management.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and presentation in Arabic and English.
- Excellent computer skills, MS office, MS Project, Excel functions and PowerPoint
- Be highly committed, able to work under pressure, adapt to new situations and meet deadlines.
- Consummate team player, able to thrive in an international, multi-cultural environment
- High degree of flexibility, with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Able to see the bigger picture while paying attention to the details
- Willingness to do what it takes to “get the job done” to a high standard
- Low tolerance for unmet expectations
- Manages frustration and stressful situations with ease and maintains a good sense of humor
- Ability to motivate people around the achievement of goals
- Please send your resume and cover letter to the administration department via e-mail: [email protected] latest by 23rd of August, 2020.
- Please ensure that you state the title of the post & the Ref # that you are applying for as subject of your email.
- Persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for this vacancy
- We thank all applicants for their interest, but regret that only short-listed candidates will be
contacted. All applications will be treated in confidence.