The Union of Charitable Societies–Jerusalem (UCS) is the first Palestinian national, non-profit, independent Union for the civil, charitable and development societies. It was founded in Jerusalem in 1958. It seeks to closely contribute to building an effective Palestinian civil society through advancing the Palestinian civil work in an institutionalized and democratic manner and according to the principles of good governance and accountability in order to contribute to the national development and sustainable development. The Union of Charitable Societies–Jerusalem (UCS) invites highly qualified candidates to apply for the following posts:
- Job title: Projects and Procurement Accountant
- Position number: F.D/1/2021
- Report to: Financial-Manager (FM)
- Location: Based in Beit Jala City.
- Salary: Salary dependent upon experience.
- Closing date for applications: Sunday-January 31, 2021.
Basic Function: The Projects and Procurement Accountant position is accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued and payments collected. Moreover, S/He manage all financial and procurement management activities for the projects including bank account and petty cash reconciliations; accounts payable; sourcing and contracting of suppliers; review and verification of invoices; data entry into accounting systems; fund transfers from UCS to partners, cheque and cash payments.
MAIN DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting Project Managers with the overall project accounting from the start to the finish of the project, and taking ownership of the systems required for this.
- Making suggestions on improvements to UCS’s monthly financial systems.
- Create project accounts in the accounting system.
- Help improve the measurement of projects profitability with the bidding process.
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
- Review account totals related to project assets and expenses
- Assisting with the preparation of quarterly forecasts and cash flow projections.
- Producing monthly cost reports for projects and assisting Project Managers with the production of monthly earnings; including reporting on project variances of actuals vs budgets, and updating forecasts.
- Review and approve supplier invoices related to a project.
- Confer with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings.
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to customers.
- Review and approve time sheets for work related to a project.
- Review and approve overhead charges to be applied to a project.
- Close out project accounts upon project completion.
- Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects.
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required.
- Prepare procurement plan for all project assets.
- Draft TORs, bidding documents for all project tender packages.
- Carry out procedures regarding procurement, bid evaluation and selection in accordance with UCS regulations.
- Participate in the Project Procurement Panel as Secretary.
- Advise relevant persons on financial aspects of the bids.
- Draft, evaluate, negotiate and execute contracts.
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships by serving as a single point of contact for contractual matters.
- Monitor and complete contract close-out, extension or renewal, as appropriate
In addition to two main areas of work, the Project Accountant is expected to carry out all specific tasks related to accounting and procurement of the Project as assigned by the UCS Financial Manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Projects and procurement accounting.
- Contract Management.
- Project management.
- Fixed assets.
- Expense recognition.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Financial analysis.
- Database administration.
- Information gathering.
- Good knowledge of the NGO sector and its role.
- The ability to work under pressure and in a flexible time.
- Recognized professional accounting qualification.
- At least 3 years proven experiences and track record in project accounting.
- Proven experience in procurement management.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Arabic language.
- Strong contract modeling software skills.
- Ability to meet project objectives within designated constraints.
- The ability to write clearly and concisely about complex issues.
- The ability to analyze complex information and figures.
- Self-starter with initiative and drive and ability to think creatively and identify opportunities.
- High level of analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated high-level experience in the implementation of financial and procurement management systems including the ability to operate accounting software, cash books, cash transfers, and different purchasing systems (cash, cheques, internet banking, purchase orders, contracts).
- Demonstrated sound experience and solid practical understanding of VAT, income tax, and other taxes.
- Demonstrated record of paying attention to details and an impeccable record of working in senior positions of trust with responsibility for financial affairs and cash handling.
- Excellent team player capable of working with people of varying levels and bringing multiple groups together;
- The highest level of integrity and accountability.
All applicants are requested to send their resumes along with a cover letter in English to the following email address: [email protected] and quote “Projects and Procurement Accountant Vacancy” in the subject line. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Union of Charitable Societies-Jerusalem (UCS) is an equal opportunities employer and females are highly encouraged to apply.