I. Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-orientated working environment.
- Country Profile
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank and Gaza.
III. Position Profile
Under the supervision of the projects coordinator , the project supervisor’s role is to take charge of the emergency team consisting of project and protection officers who conduct daily field operations. The project supervisor is expected to oversee the operations of the emergency team across West Bank (including East Jerusalem) pertaining to the provision of in-kind assistance (residential, livelihood, WASH) and cash support to the most vulnerable populations in Palestine, in line with the project criteria and processes. The project supervisor is accountable for both the team and the implementation of the project.
Project Implementation and Supervision
- Under the strategic guidance of Projects Coordinator, the Project Supervisor is responsible to facilitate the daily operations of the emergency team, including (but not limited to) timely response, quality delivery and systematic and detailed follow up.
- Coordination between the emergency team and relevant support and program departments
- Systematic reporting, including weekly reporting to Projects Coordinator, monthly reporting to Project Develpoemnt (PD) department and AME follow up.
- Ensuring accountability for the performance of project team, in terms of outputs, quality, efficiency and compliance with ACTED rules and policies.
- Responsible and accountable for the technical outputs, quality, efficiency and compliance with Shelter / Livelihoods / WASH minimum standards
- Responsible for overseeing the integration of Protection standards in the developed response.
- Responsible for building and/or improving systems to upgrade the technical quality of the response
Administration and Operational Management
Finance and Logistics
- Review the Budget Follow up(s) and provide accurate forecasts with Bill of Quantities
- Forecast monthly cash requirements of the project
- Contribute to quality checks and procurement committees to finalize suppliers’ selection according to applicable scenario
- Confirm quality of material selection if and when applicable
- Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks
- Participate in the recruitment of technical staff (development of organigrams, Terms of References (TOR), elaborating the tests and reviewing them; interviews etc)
- Ensure that project staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities
- Undertake regular appraisals of staff and follow career management
Representation and liaison with key stakeholders
- Under strategic guidance of Projects Coordinator, the Project Supervisor is responsible for presenting project’s deliverables to relevant stakeholders, including (but not limited to) shelter cluster, Consortium partners and management unit, local authority and relevant government bodies.
- Responsible for enforcing and maintaining good relations with partners, beneficiaries and external stakeholders.
- Prepare draft talking points, reflecting ACTED’s achievements, lessons learned, risks and ways forward to relevant stakeholders.
- Advocate, at consortium level, for improvements and change that may benefit ACTED’s strategy, outlook and strengthen its position.
Technical guidance and oversight
- Lead development of technical specifications and material quality checks
- Responsible for developing, implementing and supervising the technical requirements of the project
- Responsible for revising and upgrading the technical specifications of existing material provided
- Responsible for overseeing the technical drawing software ‘’Autocad’’ or other as relevant.
- Responsible to conduct field assessments and monitoring visits to assure the standard quality of materials to be provided and/or provided (specifications and installation). Supervising the implementation of activities on the project sites.
- Participate in the tender evaluations as an observer and provide expert input during the evaluation of bids for construction works
- Verify that the construction works are corresponding to the design, and the quality of the installed materials meets the desired standards. Alert the project management on any identified deviation regarding the quality of materials used and construction methods applied in comparison to the requirements of the relevant national legislation and the tender documentation
- Lead the compiling and organizing GIS data from maps, databases and other sources;
- Lead the collection and conversion of mapping resources and GIS data; Producing GIS maps for different activities.(ie factsheets for external dissemination)
- lead the preparation of bills of quantities and technical specifications for the needed materials and tools, and for planning accordingly with the logistics and finance departments.
- Responsible internally for advising the project team on technical requirements and continuous improvements to meet the needs of the population. All related information and specific technical areas relevant for the should be conveyed to Projects Coordinator.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, structural Engineering or related field.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in programs from respectable NGOs or other humanitarian, non-profit organizations.
- Minimum of 2 years project/team management experience.
- Track record in Project Cycle Management (PCM), in particular reporting and budget oversight.
- Ability to write reports and follow-up execution of projects’ activities.
- Very good knowledge of West Bank communities and ability of movement in the field.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Very strong organizational and communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Excellent computer skills preferred, including GIS software, AutoCad (2D & 3D), ArcGIS, Photoshop , Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel. Ability to create professional documents to be presented externally.
- Driver’s licence is necessary.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV, and three references (in English) no later than 10/06/2019 to: [email protected] indicating the position (Project Supervisor) in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.