International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC) is an international non-governmental development and relief organisation, working worldwide to provide food, shelter, economic self-sufficiency, and hope. All assistance is provided on the basis of need alone. IOCC has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza (JWBG) since 1997 providing assistance to vulnerable Palestinians and communities through various emergency relief and/or development programs.
IOCC is seeking highly skilled staff to be hired for the following position under an anticipated Child Health and Nutrition Project in the Gaza Strip.
Project Officer - Health and Nutrition: (One position. Duration: 8 months, renewable upon availability of funding).
Summary of the Position:
The Project Officer will work under the direction of the Program Director, IOCC Gaza Field Office in the management, implementation, supervision and monitoring of IOCC’s Child Health and Nutrition Project in the Gaza Strip. S/he will be supervising both, managerial and technical components of the work, and will be required to liaise and work closely with IOCC Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
IOCC Gaza Field Office - Gaza City, with regular field work at the Southern Governorates of the Gaza Strip.
- In close coordination with IOCC Program Director, lead the implementation of IOCC Health and Nutrition Project in accordance with grants agreements and with full compliance to donor regulations.
- Lead the implementation of the project in the field in reaching the project objectives, and in accordance with the project implementation plan and timeline.
- Supervise the work of the project’s Community Health Workers (CHW) and IOCC local/community partners, including the provision of necessary guidance and support.
- Supervise and coordinate the work with IOCC local partner CBO and the beneficiary kindergartens (KGs).
- Organize and ensure proper, transparent and efficient beneficiary KGs selection; follow-up and monitoring of the process.
- Conduct regular field visits and follow-up and monitoring to project sites and as per the planned schedule and activities, and provide regular reporting on the progress, achievements, constraints, etc.
- Collect and verify the documentation related to beneficiary KGs selection, field site visits, beneficiary children, training attendance, and other project activities.
- Collect project data including base line, needs assessment and end line data.
- Work closely with IOCC partner and project staff to ensure compliance of project monitoring and evaluation procedures, forms, etc. by staff and beneficiaries.
- Assist in developing the knowledge and capacity of IOCC local project partners, in order to improve their project implementation skills and knowledge.
- Assist in ensuring effective coordination of project implementation with the local partners /KGs/ community members or technical health care partners.
- As directed/requested, to provide data and information necessary for the preparation and provision of project reports, success stories, tracking all implementation and activities.
Knowledge and Skills:
Managerial and supervisory skills; community health work and development; familiarity with the Palestinian health and nutrition sector and the major health care and community rehabilitation providers in Gaza including international and local NGOs, good knowledge of the UN education and health Clusters, interpersonal communication skills; advanced written and verbal communication; fluently in Arabic and English; computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Windows package; and very good reporting skills.
Ability to build strong personal and organizational relationships with all internal and external staff, partner organization, local communities CBOs and other contacts; sensitivity to cultural conditions and practices; capability to implement programs with sizeable budgets; tenacity in observing procedures, regulations, local laws and other requirements in implementing and maintaining IOCC programs; ability to think strategically, analyze issues, and make appropriate recommendations.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Bachelor's degree in health and/or public health related disciplines.
A minimum of five- year experience working in similar projects, of which at least two years with health project management experience is preferred, working with international/local development and relief organizations, preferably in the country of assignment; focusing on field work and program implementation.
Interested candidates should send their C.V. together with a cover letter stating their relevant experience to the following e-mail:
The closing date for applications is COB Tuesday 29 May 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls please.