Position: Project Technical Officer
Contract duration: 4 months
Starting Date ASAP
I- Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-oriented working environment.
II- Country Profile
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza. ACTED currently seeks a Project Officer for its operations in Gaza.
“ACTED has a zero-tolerance approach to sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment (SEAH) and ensures that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited. All candidates will be subject to satisfactory references and screening checks in line with legal requirements. Any candidate offered a job will sign ACTED’s Code of Conduct and related policies as part of their work contract. All staff are expected to abide by the standards of behaviour outlined in those documents.”
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Project Planning
- Prepare the work plan and time schedules for implementing the Shelter projects activities;
- Support the identification and planning of technical skills and requirements to implement the project as per relevant standards.
- Project Implementation Follow-up
- Coordinate and implement day to day Shelter projects] activities with stakeholders in field ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project(s) implementation;
- Ensure Shelter projects activities are on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts;
- Assist the Project Supervisor to trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation;
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to the Project Supervisor and other team members;
- Documenting and Compliance
- Keep record of all Shelter projects activity documents, in particular beneficiary list, completion certificates, attendance sheets, etc.;
- Help maintaining a beneficiary master database containing all beneficiary registration and baseline information as well as the Shelter projects activities from which the beneficiaries benefitted ensure the data is protected from misuse in line with ACTED’s data protection policy;
- Ensure staff awareness of, and respect of, ACTED’s code of conduct, FLATS procedures and donor requirements.
- Ensure that all related documents are named, scanned and uploaded successfully in the related servers or platforms.
- Beneficiary Engagement and Accountability
- Aadhere to ACTED’s Code of Conduct and treat all beneficiaries with respect and without any distinction or discrimination based on nationality, race, ethnicity, tribe, gender, religious beliefs, political opinion or disability;
- Select the beneficiaries benefitting from Shelter projects activities;
- Communicate ACTED’s Complaints and Response Mechanism target communities and participate in solving complaints related to the project in coordination with the AMEU.
- Internal Coordination
- Participate in project coordination meetings with the whole project team.
- External Coordination and Stakeholder Engagement
- Undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation;
- Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state actors, through regular attendance at technical meetings and bilateral meetings;
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure our activities build upon - rather than replicate - the work of others.
- Partner Management
- Provide support to partners in project implementation and ensure timely and qualitative implementation of projects by partners in line with ACTED and donor requirements;
- Refer partners to relevant ACTED staff to support and/or train them in FLATS procedures where relevant;
- Participate in review meetings with partners, with particular attention given to the relationship aspects of partnership collaboration, and ensure that any issues or disputes are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure that each member of the Shelter projects team is aware of security issues, policies, SOPs and they follow them accordingly.
- Participate in the recruitment of Shelter projects technical staff (development of organigrams, ToRs, elaborating the tests and reviewing them; interviews etc.);
- Ensure that Shelter projects staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities;
- Follow-up the work plans and day-to-day activities of the Shelter projects staff;
- Manage the project staff in cooperation with the Project Supervisor
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics among Shelter projects staff;
- Ensure capacity building among staff in Shelter projects.
- Contribute to the development of procurement plans;
- Send accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner;
- Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks;
- Plan Shelter projects team movements based on available fleet and applicable policies
- Forecast monthly cash requirements for Shelter projects activities and submit to the PM
- Assess the Shelter projects activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Undertake regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitor the progress of Shelter projects activities;
- Assists with monitoring the Shelter projects activities implemented by partners (if any) in the field;
- Document lessons learned and best practices and share them with the Project Supervisor so they can be reflected in project planning and decision making.
- Ensure adherence to donor procedures by project staff;
- Support the Project Supervisor in the preparation of progress and final reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information for Shelter projects] activities
- Participate in new proposal development processes through the provision of expert programmatic advice related to contextual knowledge.
- Ensuring a commitment to gender equality and inclusion both within the organisation and throughout the design and execution of project activities.
- Offer technical support and inputs to other projects in similar sectors (e.g. BOQ design);
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Line Supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in relevant field with good skills to implement and manage quality control on different programs.
- Proven experience working with NGOs, INGOs, possibly in similar roles.
- Ability and experience to write reports and follow-up execution of projects’ activities.
- Very good knowledge of Gaza Strip and ability of movement in the field, including insecure environments.
- Able to commit to flexible working hours and willing to travel whenever necessary.
- Ability to work in a team, under pressure, ability to take initiative, make decisions, monitor and evaluate. Capable in planning and problem solving.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments & meet deadlines with willingness to travel to the field independently
- Mature professional attitude, excellent communication, creative and flexible with ability to work in a team.
- Computer skills, especially on the technical-related software’s and including the ability to operate Microsoft Office Pack
- Excellent in written & spoken English/ Arabic with technical report writing
- Valid Driving license (with clean record) is compulsory
V- Submission of applications:
Interested candidates are invited to send CV, Cover letter and three references (in English) no later than July 26th, 2023 to: ([email protected]), indicating the position (Project Officer) in the subject line.
The selection committee will review all applications as they are received.
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone inquiries will be received.