JOB POSTING – PROJECT OFFICER ( For WB & Gaza teams ), Palestine
Organization: Right To Play Palestine
Work location: Ramallah, Palestine
Closing Date: February 7th 2023
Right To Play is a global organisation that protects, educates and empowers children to rise above adversity using play. By harnessing play, one of the most powerful and fundamental forces in a child’s life, we helped 2.3 million children last year to stay in school and out of work, to prevent life-threatening diseases like HIV and malaria and to stay safe from exploitation and abuse. We are the only global development organization focused exclusively on using play to transform the lives of children and youth impacted by poverty, war, disease and inequality.
Established in 2000, Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in 16 countries across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
With a shared passion for our mission, our Culture Code guides how we act and interact based on five core pillars:
- Accept Everyone – Be intentional about inclusion
- Make Things Happen – Seek opportunities to lead and innovate
- Display Courage – Act with integrity
- Demonstrate Care – Look after yourself and one another
- Be Playful – Have fun at work
Please visit our website to learn more about who we are and what we do, and watch this video to find out about the five pillars of our Culture Code.
The “Enhancing Quality and Inclusive Education” project aims to improve holistic learning outcomes of boys and girls, including children with disabilities in primary schools across the West Bank and Gaza, by increasing teacher’s knowledge and pedagogical skills that will enhance the reading skills of children through play-based learning. And by increasing children’s participation in supplemental reading activities, using play-based learning to motivate and ignite an interest in reading.
The Project Officer reports directly to the Program Manager (PM) and is responsible for the effective administration of the project and reporting on the outcome to internal and external contacts as required.
Job Responsibility #1: Project administration (45% of Time):
- Contributes to the formulation of the project strategic plans feeding into the overall country strategic plan.
- Prepares and leads the implementation plan of project activities from existing operational plan.
- Guides Field Facilitators on executing the activities in each project location.
- Ensures that activities are compliant with RTP methodology and standards.
- Oversees community events such as Play Days to promote topics/issues related to their needs.
- Develops and strengthens understanding of our project management cycle with project staff and partners.
- Compiles reports received from the Field Facilitators and submits monthly activity reports to PM.
- Completes monthly budget projections and tracks expenditures.
- Participates in the planning of budget and tracks activity expenses occurred against cash projections.
- Procures project equipment (in coordination with Logistics Officer/Assistant where applicable), within authorization levels set in the In-Field Authorization Levels policy.
- Coordinates facility upgrades based on the needs of the project site.
- Arranges for storage and delivery of sport equipment to participating schools.
- Coordinates with other NGOs/CBOs to ensure participation in partner events.
- Monitors security situation in project location and reports to the PM.
- Follows up on logistics issues at project location and ensure assets, including project vehicles are maintained.
Job Responsibility #2: Team Management (20% of Time):
- Conducts performance appraisals for all direct reports and provides regular feedback on performance.
- Oversees performance of any contract staff such as security guards where applicable.
- Ensures staff understands and complies with policies of RTP.
- Assesses training needs of all direct reports with input from project staff, partners and stakeholders.
- Oversees training of coaches delivered by Field Facilitators and observes coaches’ performance for certification.
- Follows existing systems to reasonably safeguard the overall health, welfare and security of the project staff.
Job Responsibility #3: Networking, representation and partnership building (15% of Time):
- Shares activity plans with local NGOs, CBOs (community-based organizations) and looks for synergies and opportunities to work together.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Education and other Ministries and partners.
- Ensures implementation of Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) and agreements with local representation of Government, UN Agencies and partner organizations.
- Facilitates collaboration and networking with other organizations, government and other relevant institutions to enhance RTP visibility and project activities.
- Coordinates planning meetings with partners and represents RTP in various platforms.
- Facilitates participation of Athlete Supporters in project activities and events.
- Conducts an assessment survey to determine the NGOs that RTP could partner with and initiates partnerships.
- Ensures partners are in compliance with RTP Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding policy.
Job Responsibility #4: Monitoring and reporting (15 % of Time):
- Visits project locations to oversee activities, events and collects information to report on performance outcomes.
- works with school directors and teachers to develop their understanding of RTP’s monitoring and evaluation system as it relates to reporting on children and teachers actively involved in sport and play activities.
- Ensures accurate collection and timely submission of quantitative and quantitative monitoring information according to RTP monitoring tools
- Submits regularly reports to PM/PO and occasionally external stakeholders including Ministries, partners and donors.
- Provides quarterly updates of lessons learned and best practices to project team, stakeholders and the PM.
Job Responsibility #7: Perform Other Duties (5% of Time):
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, social sciences or other related discipline.
3 years’ experience in project administration or community work including managing direct reports
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational and delegation skills
- Able to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Strong development and team building skills
- Computer literacy in outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Internet
- Understand project management cycle
- Effective report writing and analytical skills
Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Knowledge in child and/or adult education
- Knowledge in Sport for Development
- Experience developing and managing budgets
WHO YOU ARE:
You are highly driven, results-oriented, collaborative and well-rounded leader with a passion for working with
Children and youth. You are an exceptional communicator with excellent networking skills.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
The opportunity to work with a passionate, innovative and collaborative team where you have the ability to make things happen. You will gain experience working for a globally recognized organization with a healthy culture premised on our Culture Code (accept everyone, make things happen, display courage, demonstrate care and be playful). In addition, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package including personal learning and development days.
Employment Start Date: Feb 2023
Contract Duration: Determined
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
المسمى الوظيفي Project Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 07 - Feb - 2023
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please Submit your documents Here
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Shortlisting of applications will begin immediately and interviews may be held before the closing date.
Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. As such, we encourage females and groups who have been historically disadvantaged with respect to employment to apply for positions at Right To Play. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening or equivalent criminal check as a condition of employment.
*To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Right To Play
رام الله والبيرة
1, Dec, 2022
29, Sep, 2022
رام الله والبيرة
29, Aug, 2022
رام الله والبيرة
29, Aug, 2022
رام الله والبيرة
21, Jun, 2022
21, Jun, 2022
رام الله والبيرة
8, Jun, 2022