I- Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-oriented working environment.
II- Country Profile
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza. ACTED currently seeks a Project Officer for its humanitarian operations in Palestine.
The project officer is in charge of timely implementation of the project action plan decided by and under the full supervision of the emergency project manager.
Ensure the implementation of emergency responses
Visit households affected by an incident and eligible for assessment, and fill in the related assessment form (which includes a risk analysis).
Coordinate and maintain continuous relations with local authorities, stakeholders and UN bodies, in order to inform more accurate decision making processes and contribute to more efficient work.
Advise the project manager on any discrepancies between ACTED’s and OCHA’s assessments.
Ensure the implementation and follow up of the planned activities related to the establishement and maintainement of a network of CSO in East Jerusalem (EJ).
Ensure and follow up the referral of outstanding needs, following the internal process
Produce a monthly report about the progress with the CBPC in East Jerusalem, to be sent to the manager within the first week of the month.
Provide suggestions and strategical inputs to the manager and the hierarchy, regarding the context of East Jerusalem, looking to medium and long-terms challneges and opportunities to evolve.
Propose adequate responses to the project manager, following ACTED’s Handbook.
Coordinate effectively with the Logistics and Finance departments.
Coordinate with the suppliers, beneficiaries and partner NGOs to ensure a rapid and efficient delivery / installation, trying to mitigate field risks.
Ensure a proper delivery and installation of the agreed material items / cash grants to the agreed locations, and confirm that the assistance meets the agreed contract specifications. Ensure an efficient use of resources.
Produce first drafts of incident reports, when an incident report is needed.
Update daily the line manager about the situation of the ongoing activities.
When requested, participate to visits/meetings with donors, clusters, partners and/or stakeholders, complying fully with ACTED standards and principles.
Report to the project manager and logistics officer any threat/ harassment/ particular risk faced in the field.
Attend the weekly emergency meetings, and the monthly coordination meetings.
Given the emergency nature of the work, show flexibility to the needs of the organization.
Report any complaint raised by beneficiaries through the agreed mechanism.
Contribute to program improvement by making suggestions to the AME team and the line manager.
Perform other duties as requested by the line manager or the Projects Coordinator
Produce an organized documentation and filing:
Produce soft and hard copy organized filing for all forms or reports submitted, archived with proper naming and avoiding duplications.
Timely fill in the online tracking system, shared with the information management officer. Update the Information Management Officer and the line manager if relevant on any information that should be added to the tracker/database/ management tools.
When requested (always for external meetings), submit timely reports/minutes to the line manager (also the Country director, for external meetings).
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, law, Human Right or any relevant sectors to humanitarian field.
- 3 years experience in field work, especially emergency humanitarian responses
- Strong and in-deep understanding of East Jerusalem context and challenges (candidate coming from East Jerusalem are strongly preferred)
- Previous knowledge and experience of AREA C context is strongly preferred.
- Proven experience working with NGOs, INGOs, possibly in similar roles.
- Experience in community mobilization, creation of networks and with CSOs are highly appreciated.
- Strong skills and experiences in conflict mediation and communication problem-solving.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to work under pressure, deal with stressful tasks ans unsecure field environment.
- Strong ability to organize work, manage time and to meet deadlines. Following the emergency nature of the project, is expected the flexibility to work extra hours when needed.
- Mature professional attitude, excellent communcation, creative and flexible with ability to work in a team.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English.
- Ability to drive in Jerusalem (Jerusalem ID holder).
- Valid driving license with a good driving record.
Interested candidates are invited to send CV, Cover letter and three references (in English) no later than May 28th , 2022 to: ([email protected]), indicating the position (Project Officer) in the subject line.
The selection committee will review all applications as they are received.
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone inquiries will be received.