Association of Palestinian Local Authorities "APLA"
Job description – Project Officer
Position Project Officer – APLA
The Project Officer will be responsible of managing APLA’s Multi Annual Action Plan (MAAP) Project. This includes managing activities related to the preparation, implementation and follow up the sub-granting scheme in Area C, and reporting the donors. In addition, the project officer will support the development of APLA's international relations, and the updates of APLA’s strategic and action plans.
Founded in 1997, APLA is an independent organization mandated to represent and lobby for the collective interests of Local Government Units (LGUs) by supporting capacity building among local governments, facilitating exchange of knowledge and best practices, and serving as vehicle for dialogue between the central government and LGUs.
APLA signed a grant contract with the European Union (EU) on 12 December 2021 with total EU contribution of € 1.9 million. To implement the project (APLA’s Multiannual Action Plan (MAAP) 2021-2025), this project has been designed to strengthen LGUs collaborations on service delivery and local participatory development, and improve contributions to territorial integration, particularly in Area C, specific objectives of MAAP are aligned to APLA’s strategic plan and aims to support the role of APLA as LGUs representative and dialogue partner with the Palestinian Authority, in order to support the role of the LGUs in the building process of future State of Palestine.
Accordingly, APLA is looking forward to hiring a project officer to fulfill the following tasks:
The project officer will be responsible of:
- Ensure that activities are taking place on time and in accordance with the budget and work plan whilst maximizing the benefit of the project for the LGUs & local community.
- Organize and manage the overall MAAP project and provide effective leadership.
- Develop projects’ annual action plans, update log frames and annual budgets.
- Ensure the reflection of APLA’s mission and vision in all project’s activities.
- Facilitate field level activities e.g. initiatives, sessions, trainings…etc in coordination with LGUs & Village councils (VCs) especially in area C.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to Area C and ensure all activities implemented, monitored & documented.
- Ensure coordination with LGUs sub granted, participate in all projects ‘meetings, prepare for the steering committee meeting of the project, keep minutes and follow up the implementation of action follow ups as required.
- Endure coordination with TSU manager at APLA, to fulfill the role of technical support for LGUs through the MAAP project.
- Support the Procurement processes & ensure proper financial process in all procurements related to the project are adhering to EU & APLA’s financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning framework, risk management matrix and EU guidelines.
- Ensure that narrative and financial progress reports are submitted on time to the TSU manager and Executive Director of APLA.
- Oversee the technical work of the MAAP project, monitor, and track the grant progress.
- Promote strong positive external and internal relations and flow of information.
- Liaise with the Communication department to ensure the visibility of project’s work.
- Support the expansion of APLA’s international network and partnerships.
- Participate in updating APLA’s strategic plan.
- In coordination with the financial Officer, forecast requirements, schedule expenditures, and analyze variances.
- Develop and maintain relations with stakeholders relevant to the MAAP project, liaise with experts and consultants.
The project officer will work in APLA’s office in Ramallah, to provide effective and efficient management of MAAP project.
The project officer will report on a day-to-day basis to the TSU Manager and Executive Director of APLA.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and experiences:
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in public management, engineering, project management, or other related field.
- At least 7 years working experience in Project Management especially in local government sector and EU funded projects.
- Excellent knowledge of Ms. Office (word, excel, power point, outlook, good background in archiving).
- Proved good experience in Project Cycle Management.
- Attention to details, excellent organizational & planning skills, and staff management skills.
- Fluent in both Arabic and English.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent skills in planning, monitoring, results-based reports.
- Proven experience in projects in Local governance sector and EU funded projects.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to conduct multi-tasks and prioritize work.
Place of the assignment Ramallah, Palestine
Qualified candidates should send the most recent resume, including three professional references, and a cover letter detailing their interest for this position to the email address: [email protected] , indicating the position title (Project Officer) in the email subject line.
Deadline for submitting resumes with cover letters: Wednesday, 05.01.2022. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
“APLA is an equal opportunities employer”
One year, with possibility of extension.