Project Officer, Gaza Emergency Response and Assistance Project (Anticipated)
International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC) is an international non-governmental development and relief organisation, working worldwide to provide food, shelter, economic self-sufficiency, and hope. All assistance is provided on the basis of need alone. IOCC has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza (JWBG) since 1997 providing assistance to vulnerable Palestinians and communities through various emergency relief and/or development programs.
IOCC is seeking highly skilled staff to be hired for the following position of an anticipated Gaza Emergency Response and Assistance Project:
Project Officer, Gaza Emergency Response and Assistance Project: One position, duration 6 months (approximately), renewable upon availability of funding.
Summary of the Position:
The Project Officer will work under the direction of the Program Director, IOCC Gaza Field Office in the management, implementation, supervision and monitoring of IOCC-JWBG anticipated Project: Gaza Emergency Response and Assistance. S/he will be supervising the coordination, logistical, administrative and technical components of the work, and will be required to liaise and work closely with IOCC partners, vendors and the IOCC Gaza Field Office Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant.
IOCC Gaza Field Office – Gaza and Northern Gaza Governorates, with very frequent field work at marginalized localities in these two governorates.
These will include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Under the direct supervision and close coordination of the Program Director, IOCC Gaza Field Office, lead the implementation of IOCC Gaza emergency response and assistance project in all targeted governorates and communities as scheduled, and in accordance with grants agreements, and with full compliance to IOCC and donor regulations.
- Lead the implementation of the project in the field in reaching the project objectives, and in accordance to the project implementation plan and timeline.
- Supervise the work of the project’s Emergency Field Coordinators (EFCs), Social Workers (SW) and IOCC local/community partners, including the provision of necessary guidance and support.
- Lead the process of needs assessment for the targeted communities at the initial stages of the project implementation.
- Supervise and coordinate the work with IOCC partners, vendors, beneficiaries and local communities.
- Organize and ensure proper, transparent and efficient beneficiary selection; follow-up and monitoring of the process.
- Conduct regular field visits and follow-up and monitoring to project sites and as per the planned schedule and activities, and provide regular reporting on the progress, achievements, constraints, etc. Collect base line and needs assessment data.
- Collect and verify the documentation related to beneficiary selection, field site visits, distribution of the assistance, and other project activities.
- Coordinate, monitor and follow-up IOCC-JWBG local partners of the project.
- Supervise the monitoring and evaluation process for Gaza Emergency Response and Assistance project activities, including beneficiary selection, distribution of assistance, food voucher process, Cash-for-Work interventions, as well as, post distribution beneficiary satisfaction surveys.
- Provide the Program Director with daily field reports.
- Commitment to offer more volunteer time dedicated for the work purposes, if needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Knowledge and Skills: Community work technical and social work skills; interpersonal communication skills; advanced verbal communication skills; fluency in Arabic and English; presentation and tutoring skills, computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Windows package; and good reporting skills.
Competencies: Ability to build strong personal and community relationships with all project stakeholders and beneficiaries, partner organization, beneficiaries and other contacts; sensitivity to cultural conditions and practices; tenacity in observing procedures, regulations, local laws and other requirements in implementing and maintaining IOCC programs; ability to think strategically, analyze issues, and make appropriate recommendations.
Education: University Degree in relevant field of study.
Experience: A minimum of five-year experience in working on similar projects is preferred, working with international/local development and relief organizations, preferably in the country of assignment; focusing on emergency response and community work and project implementation.
المسمى الوظيفي Project Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 12 - Jul - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 5 Years
Interested candidates should send their C.V. together with a cover letter stating their relevant experience to the following e-mail:
The closing date for applications is COB 12 July, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة International Orthodox Christian Charities - IOCC
Consultant, Monitoring and Evaluation
Emergency Field Coordinator
Community Health Field Coordinator (3)
11, Nov, 2020
Community Technical/Vocational Training Center Coordinator
3, Feb, 2020
Administrative Assistant & Data Entry
19, Nov, 2019
Community Health Field Coordinator (CHFC)
19, Nov, 2019
Trainers and Instructors – TVET
7, Nov, 2019