Job Title: Project Officer
Duty Station: Jerusalem
Type of Contract: Full-time position
Application Deadline: 24 March, 2021
Palestinian Vision (PalVision) is a democratic, youth-run non-profit organization, established in 1998 striving to mobilize and empower Palestinian youth to achieve their aspirations, preserve their collective Palestinian identity and initiate youth-led sustainable development through volunteerism, social activism, entrepreneurship, lobbying and advocacy, on a local, national, and international levels.
PalVision is seeking to hire a full-time Project Officer, who will be responsible for a selection of projects in Jerusalem in terms of implementation, M&E and reporting on results. The work will be office-based but will also require a great deal of field work to support follow-ups and tracking of progress.
Summary of the Position:
Stationed in Jerusalem, the Project Officer will be reporting directly to the Projects manager. He/she will be responsible for a selection of projects in Jerusalem in terms of implementation, M&E and reporting on results. The work will be office-based but will also require a great deal of field work to support follow-ups and tracking of progress.
The Project Officer will be responsible for:
- Preparing action plans and procurement plans according PalVision’s relevant steering documents, including Procurement Guidelines, M&E Manual, etc.
- Planning, coordination, and data collection. Thereby, ensuring that activity implementation (most notably field work) is going according to plan.
- Ensuring that the identified objectives are pursued and achieved according to the project’s Log Frame and PalVision’s M&E Manual and standards.
- Conducting systematic field visits to monitor activity progress and achieve the project’s objectives.
- Developing and documenting all project documents and forms such as beneficiary targeting forms, MoUs with the beneficiaries, ToRs with service providers, and all other related documents.
- Ensuring proper documentation of and reporting on the project activities and generated results to ensure timely sharing of information with relevant stakeholders.
- Preparing technical/operational reports (progress, mid-term, annual, final narrative reports) in a timely manner.
- Following up on the project expenditures to ensure appropriate spending according to the project budget and the financial plan.
- Ensuring project’s compliance with PalVision’s and donor’s frameworks and regulations, and that all policies are being adhered to.
- Maintaining a strong rapport with strategic partner organizations and conduct regular field visits to sustain and fortify the partnerships.
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the direct supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required\ preferred qualifications:
- Strong English language skills: speaking and writing.
- Relevant BA degree, with at least three years of experience in project management on fieldlevel, development sector or any other relevant field.
- Availability to work remotely.
- Good understanding of HR procedures is required.
- Good understanding of the logistical procedures and practices is required.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Holding Jerusalem driving license.
- Adhere to PalVision’s mission and core values.
- Maintain positive teamwork attitude.
- Eager to learn and adapt.
- Proactive and innovative.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- CV (including name and contact details of three references) (in English)
- One-page motivation/cover letter (in English)
Please submit the requested documents via Email to: [email protected] with email subject indicating the position you are applying for, no later than Thursday, 24th of March. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.