Stars of Hope Society (SHS) Located in Ramallah, a non-profit association, registered by the Palestinian Authority, and founded in 2006 under the charitable Association and civil Bodies with license number RA-22493-C.
Stars of Hope Society is a lead organization for women with all types of disabilities in Palestine. It is a woman-centered organization, which works on a collective model. Women with disabilities run our organization, to help and empower other women with disabilities. It is the only organization of its kind in Palestine and one of a very small number internationally.
Stars of Hope Society is seeking a qualified person to fill the position of a Project Officer for Masorona Project.
Masarouna Project is a five-year project, that aims to mobilize the power of young people in MENA region and support their work for greater freedom of choice and respect for their Sexual and Reproductive Health and rights. The project will work on strengthening youth engagement in civil society towards influencing decision makers and society to address inadequate legislation and harmful traditional norms that affect their SRHR. Additionally, the project will work on strengthening civil society and the formation of new partnerships and alliances to lobby and advocate for SRHR and opening up space for their voices.
Position Ref #: SHS_2021_SPO
Position Type: Full Time
Duration: 1 year - with possible extension
This role will ensure the implementation of SHS interventions within Masarona Project focusing on youth-disability mainstreaming, gender equality and sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHR). The purpose of this position is to empower youth with disability especially girls to be free from harmful practices and enjoy their sexual and reproductive health rights. The post holder is responsible for the delivery of results in line with pre agreed program plans and objectives and oversees program implementation at all stages throughout the project cycle.
Dimensions of the Role
- The officer will actively promote integration and provision of comprehensive SRH care to GBV victims of young women with disabilities.
- Responsible for project design, overseeing implementation and monitoring while ensuring quality program delivery of the overall sexual and reproductive health rights in respective program area.
- Key components of the position also include national advocacy and networking, strategic thematic area planning, developing and strengthening partnerships and mainstreaming of disability.
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Ensure the mainstreaming of Youth, Disability and Inclusion in the program area.
- Ensure gender equality and the rights of young women with disabilities.
- Implement, monitor and evaluate project/s activities in accordance with SHS policies and procedures.
- Contribute to development of annual and monthly plans together with projected spending and monitor progress against this plan closely.
- Ensure that activities are taking place on time and in accordance with the budget and work plan whilst maximizing the benefit of the project for the community.
- Ensure proper financial process in all procurements related to the project and are adhering to SHS and donor financial policies and procedures.
- Facilitate field level activities e.g. assessment visits, trainings…etc in coordination with local partners, youth and groups of people with disabilities and or committees.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to the field and ensure all forms of monitoring are documented.
- Ensure coordination with local/national partners, participate in all meetings, keep minutes and follow up the implementation of action follow ups as required.
- Ensure compliance with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning framework, risk management matrix and donor guidelines.
- Ensure that narrative and financial progress reports are submitted on time to the Programs Manger.
- Prepare training materials, proceedings, posters, etc. in collaboration with the senior programs team and the SRHR technical advisor.
- Take part in the development of project proposals and concept note development.
- Prepare project implementation plans and budgets.
- Prepare periodical and annual reports.
- Assist the programs manager on a range of tasks aimed at strengthening the project.
- Perform other related duties as required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Social work and other related field, preferable MA degree holder.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in the development projects management.
- Work experience in managing youth, gender equality and/or SRHR projects.
- Previous training courses in mainstreaming Youth, Disability and Inclusion topics.
- Knowledge of the sexual and reproductive health rights, gender equality, youth rights and their relevance in disability mainstreaming.
- Knowledge of project cycle management and disability development programming
- Knowledge of effective participatory Monitoring, Evaluation and Research systems and processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues.
- Excellent Arabic-English written and oral communication skills, including presentation
- Strong negotiation, influencing and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyse information and evaluate options including planning skills
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software>
Please send your resume and cover letter to the administration department via e-mail: [email protected] latest by 10th of March, 2021.
Please ensure that you state the title of the post & the Ref # that you are applying for as subject of your email.
Persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for this vacancy
We thank all applicants for their interest, but regret that only short-listed candidates will be
contacted. All applications will be treated in confidence.