The Programme Officer will oversee the implementation of designated SCI Italy GBV in the West Bank, Gaza Strip and East Jerusalem, in particular, to ensure the quality and effectiveness of programming in accordance with grant proposal and guidelines.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: West Bank Program Manager
Budget Responsibilities: TBD
Role Dimensions: The Programme Officer will oversee and provide support to GVB online Paltform project in West Bank, Gaza Strip and East Jerusalem. Responsible for follow up of day to day programme activities; partnership management with both technical and administrative support; leads the implementation of direct SCI related activities.
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programmes; or are visiting country programmes; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Key Area 1: Planning and capacity building
• Support, as needed, with the development of any new concept papers or proposals for projects related to GBV.
• Work closely with the direct supervisor and project partners to develop project plans, financial plans and monthly strategies and synergies.
• Liaise with each of the implementing partners and coordinate project activities to ensure that the activities in each results area are implemented in accordance with the project proposal and agreement.
• Ensure that the different components are integrated and that inputs, from as wide across sections as possible, are incorporated to facilitate successful implementation of the project.
• Provide technical input into GBV project’ implementation and ensure quality and timely delivery of programme activities.
Key Area 2: Coordination, monitoring and reports:
• Coordination: closely coordinate with partners for project activities, including relevant ministries; coordinate with finance, awards management and other support services, coordinate SCI technical assistance and capacity building activities of partners and coordinate and implement SCI direct implementation activities.
• Monitoring: Monitor project implementation against the established indicators detailed in the projects Logical Framework and implementation plans. Review partners reports (financial and narrative) and provide technical input to ensure accountable and quality reporting. Liaise with implementing partners to ensure the timely submission of project reports and that co-financing contributions are provided, as agreed upon in the project documents.
• Conduct field visits as required to verify project activities r elative to stated targets. Managing and monitoring the day-to-day operations of the project.
• Monitoring the budget and track the actual expenditures versus the forecast.
• Monitor the procurement of goods and services for the project and ensure execution according to the rules and guidelines established by relevant donors.
• Maintain professional relationships with key relevant stakeholders to ensure quality implementation.
• Support the direct supervisor to draft reports for SC members and donors, ensures Partner’s timely submission of financial and narrative report and provides feedback on it.
• Ensure that communication with partners on all aspects of project activities is adequate, clear, professional and documented.
• Ensure adequate filing for the entire project documentation.
• Support the M&E in the development of M&E plans and support the impleme ntation of it.
Key Area 3: Material Creation, Advocacy, Visibility
• Provide support and input into related advocacy work.
• Support the development and implementation of communication and visibility materials, coordinating with the partners and liaising with the Senior Communications Officer.
• Support the development and implementation of community-specific advocacy strategies, together with the Direct Supervisor.
• Ensure that all donor branding and visibility requirements are fulfilled.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• College/University education and basic knowledge in a professional field in which specialized training is required.
• 5 years experience in related field ( GBV and Gender) with progressively responsible experience.
• Uses specialist skills and knowledge developed through experience obtained on the job, in similar roles, or training specific to role, plus training or coordinating others in similar roles.
• Familiarity with the GBV section in West Bank and Gaza Strip, referable prior experience with GBV service provision.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines.
• A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment.
022; Written and verbal fluency in Arabic and English
• In depth knowledge in GBV protection services and previous experience in ToT and socio-psychlogical coucnselling related trainings
• Relevant Master’s in Gender, Social work, human rights, international development or related field is preferred.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
Save the Children works in development and humanitarian contexts with children and partners to help families, communities, and governments identify and use innovations to ensure all children survive, learn and are protected.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our emplo yees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة